Search

My first "targetted" offer!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2004, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: dont matter anymore...
My first "targetted" offer!

Interesting..

99% of my flying is international, so being PLT/EXP for the last 4 years, I always had "free" access anyway..

Got this today...

Dear Flipside,

Because you’re one of American Airlines’ most frequent travelers in the New York City area, I’d like to take a moment to introduce myself, and to extend to you a special invitation.

As the Managing Director for the American Airlines Admirals Club®, I’d like to personally invite you to enjoy a complimentary visit to any of our over 40 club locations around the world. Simply print this letter and present it at any club’s front desk and you can enjoy our professional atmosphere while you work or relax before, after or between flights.

If you join on your preview visit, we’ll discount your annual membership fee by $100. That’s a substantial savings on what I am sure would become invaluable as you travel for business or pleasure.

All New York area Admirals Club locations offer personal assistance with boarding passes, seat assignments and upgrade purchases; Internet-connected computer workstations with printers; telephones with laptop ports; copiers and fax machines; plus T-Mobile HotSpot wireless Internet service (a HotSpot account is required.) You can enjoy complimentary coffee, tea, soft drinks, snacks and a cash bar.

Blah blah.... info about where the clubs are etc... and to print this letter to get the $100 off on my "preview" visit..

Once I hit EXP again next week, $200 isn't a bad deal. Too bad I'll never get to use it. Inever fly exclusivly domestic.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by flipside

Once I hit EXP again next week, $200 isn't a bad deal. Too bad I'll never get to use it. Inever fly exclusivly domestic.
Now you know why they are targeting you.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I received this offer as well. 99% of my travel is domestic, and I only started flying AA when I completed the plat challenge a few months ago. NY based as well. Still reluctant to fork out the cash when I can use miles. Either way, it's at least a nice get out of jail free card to carry around through year-end.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA, B6, WN
I also got the offer. Thing is my next trip is to London where I get into the Admirals Club anyway! (my first time...). Guess I will save the offer for the return from Christmas and the MIA club, have about a 90 min. layover between flights; probably won't be able to get to LGA with enough time to hang out much there and my connection time is shorter at MIA on the outbound. Probably won't be flying again until after I drop down to Gold, somehow I don't see paying $200 for the club...
Old Nov 8, 2004, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver
I got it too, I may pay.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 5:20 am

My wife and I are both PLT and both got this offer. I will take them up on the free visit, since I now have a 'round trip' pass as we will be travelling together but won't join.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 6:05 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
I got it too....which is weird, since I am an Admirals Club member... My question is what's to stop you from printing it out again and again and again ????
Old Nov 9, 2004, 9:38 am

Programs: AA 1MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
My question is what's to stop you from printing it out again and again and again ????
Or forwarding it to someone who might use it? (like me, hint hint)
Old Nov 9, 2004, 11:11 am

I didn't get it but would seriously consider the offer.

I wonder if AA is un-targeting me because I used to be an AC member, but let my membership lapse?

I would be so much more likely to pay if only the Wifi were free...
Old Nov 9, 2004, 11:18 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by DFWRaider
Now you know why they are targeting you.

Similar to my local Albertsons, where this week thay had half gallons of Breyers Ice Cream on sale for $1, but none on the shelves.

Anybody can sell Ice Cream for $1 A half gallon when there's none in stock.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 2:26 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KentownFlorida
Similar to my local Albertsons, where this week thay had half gallons of Breyers Ice Cream on sale for $1, but none on the shelves.

Anybody can sell Ice Cream for $1 A half gallon when there's none in stock.
You are entitled to a raincheck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.