Only 35k miles, can I make an intl reservation?

Old Nov 8, 04, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Only 35k miles, can I make an intl reservation?

Hello,

My roommate and I trying to go somewhere in Europe for Spring Break. I have about 45k miles and he has 35k.. Is he allowed to book a reservation at a discounted fare if he uses his miles?

Thanks,
Tim
Old Nov 8, 04, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, TG, US, Priority Club, HHonors, Club Carlson, etc.
Use AAdvantage Special Awards

Originally Posted by tpowaleny
Hello,

My roommate and I trying to go somewhere in Europe for Spring Break. I have about 45k miles and he has 35k.. Is he allowed to book a reservation at a discounted fare if he uses his miles?

Thanks,
Tim
There are so-called AAdvantage "Special Awards" that allow miles + cash payments, either year-round (for more, of course) or off-peak. For Europe, their off-peak season for these awards is between Jan 1 thru May 15. North America to Europe would require 30,000 miles + $195(plus taxes/fees), or 20,000 miles + $295(plus taxes/fees). There are several other destinations (including South America zones 1 & 2, Japan, etc.) that have similar miles+cash awards.

Click here for more info.
Old Nov 8, 04, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, and about everything else
If it's before the 15th of May, you can get to Europe, roommate no. If its before the 31st of May you can go to South American (zone 2), roommate no. You can both go to U.S. Hawaii, Mexico, South America (zone 1) or the Caribbean. You can get all of this info on AA.com REALLY easily.

*********See, you can be helpful ans still suggest a search**********

Search this Thread