lounge access after PLT challenge

Old Oct 27, 2004, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

lounge access after PLT challenge

i'm signed up for the PLT challenge and i'll complete it after my flight this week.

one week later, i'm making another international trip. am i considered a PLT for this trip (more importantly, any chance i can get into any lounge at SJC or NRT?) or do i have to wait until AA processes the PLT and sends me a card?

^
Old Oct 27, 2004, 5:23 pm
sgm

Programs: BA Gold
Once you complete the challenge and your miles post to aa.com your new status will be reflected immedaitely - e.g. it will show on aa.com. As a PLT you can then use the SJC and NRT lounges. As long as your boarding card has your aa number it will also show your status. Moreover your PNR will record your lounge access rights. So, to use an AA lounge you won't need your card. If you wanted to use another OW lounge however you would need your PLT card.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

I wanted to point out one statement of fact in the above post:
Originally Posted by sgm
... and your miles post to aa.com ...

I've seen this take a while - however a phone call to customer service can have your status noted as soon as you complete your flight; which should allow you AC access that day.

Let us know how it works out.

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Oct 28, 2004, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Exclamation Reservations?

Congratulations on Platinum!

You might also want to check the reservations for your upcoming international trip. Even if your status has been updated to Platinum, if the reservations were made prior to your upgrade in status they will not reflect your new status (without some sort of intervention).

In other words, without the AA Platinum card or "Platinum" printed on your boarding pass, it may be more difficult to make your case for entry at the AC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.