AA.COM 10% Discount through 12/31/04

Old Oct 21, 04, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Location: Fort Worth, TX AA EXP, BA Gold, DL Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, MR Plat Preferred, SPG Plat, PC Plat
Thumbs up AA.COM 10% Discount through 12/31/04

I am sure there are members who participate in their local Race for the Cure each year. For those who have been so generous with their time and financial support to Komen, most have also reaped the benefit of promotional items and giveaways from local sponsors, including American Airlines. Every year, those who attend receive a special brochure with a 10% discount code that can be used throughout the year. For those who do not participate, it is to your AAdvantage. Not only will you help a great cause, but you will also have a discount code to use much earlier in the year. Here is the 3rd in a series of brochures. They run Jan-Mar, Apr-Jul, Aug-Dec. For race dates and locations goto www.raceforthecure.com

JOIN THE FIGHT.
The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation’s Race for the Cure® Series draws more than a million participants who share a common goal: to discover the cause of and find the cure for breast cancer. With your help, the Komen Foundation is able to fund important breast cancer research as well as breast health initiatives in your local community.

WE’RE WITH YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.
As a sponsor of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and a member of its Million Dollar Council since 1992, American Airlines has made a commitment to support the fight against breast cancer. In 1992, we began an employee breast cancer education and awareness program in conjunction with the Komen Foundation. In 1994, American was named the Foundation’s official carrier. This year, we proudly continue in our role as National Series Sponsor of the Komen Race for the Cure®.

From August 1, 2004 through December 31, 2004, you can save 10% off select American Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection fares purchased online at AA.com. You must sign in with your AAdvantage number to receive this special discount. Select your flights, and continue the booking process through to the confirmation page. When prompted, enter the promotion code 4D12KD. The fare promotional code input box will NOT appear if the selected fare is not eligible for the discount. Click CONTINUE, and your discount will be reflected in the fare summary. It’s that easy. Contact 800-222-2377 or [email protected] if you experience technical difficulties.

Discount is valid on base fare with a minimum of $160 round-trip and does not apply to taxes or fees. Certain fares, including Web Specials, are not eligible for the discount. Tickets must be booked and purchased through AA.com for the discount to be applied. Travel must be booked and flown by 12/31/2004. Additional restrictions may apply. Discount is not valid on codeshare flights.

DISCLAIMER: This thread is intentionally not included in the AA.COM 2004 DISCOUNT THREAD due to the nature of random and various topics covered in the thread. No other discount codes should be included in this thread unless they pertain specifically to the AA.com discount provided exclusively to participants of the Race for the Cure.

Last edited by AAdvantageGuy; Oct 22, 04 at 1:42 pm Reason: Code is not available online - only at Race events which are complete for the year.
Old Oct 21, 04, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
Thanks, but I just tried using it for a SFO-HNL trip in December and the code wasn't accepted.
Old Oct 21, 04, 4:20 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Unhappy No Soup for You!

"The promotional code you entered is not valid. This is the lowest fare that applies to your trip."
Old Oct 21, 04, 4:27 pm

Did not work for me for a trip to Prague. But then it states that discount is not valid on codeshares.
Old Oct 21, 04, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
It worked for me!

Booked a trip to LAX, $229.40, after the discount $209.60 ^

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 04, 5:06 pm

Thanks, AadvantageGuy ... did a test booking, and saw that the fare code after applying the discount says "Qxxxxxx/ "

Am I to assume is the new "ticket designator" code, in the same vein as "TCAB" from the old discount code?

Last edited by askworldtraveler; Oct 21, 04 at 7:43 pm Reason: removing code reasons in last post
Old Oct 21, 04, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, QF PLT, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by andrzej
Booked a trip to LAX, $229.40, after the discount $209.60
So after the $25 entry fee, you're in the hole $5.20, but at least you supported an excellent cause. Good job!
Old Oct 21, 04, 5:33 pm

Details on

Tkt Des
Must Be Issued By Cxr Referencing This Rule. Must
Be Validated On Aa. All Tvl Must Be Via Aa/ax/ow.
Class H K M N Q Y
Fare 90.00 Percent Of Fare
Before Discount Fare Must Be At Least 160.00
Applies Per Itinerary
Dates Travel Valid From 2feb04 Through 31dec04
Tickets Must Be Issued By 31dec04
Blackouts
Travel Is Not Valid 28-29may04, 25jun04, 4-5jul04,
28-29nov04, 17-18dec04 Or 22-24dec04.
Travel Valid Within United States

Last edited by askworldtraveler; Oct 21, 04 at 7:42 pm Reason: removing code
Old Oct 21, 04, 5:50 pm

Thanks for the details, UserMark ... gives us at least a more precise fare / date window in which to fare-search ^
Old Oct 21, 04, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by bollar
So after the $25 entry fee, you're in the hole $5.20, but at least you supported an excellent cause. Good job!
But he can use it over and over.
Old Oct 21, 04, 6:44 pm

Interesting that (according to UserMark's description) the discount applies to just H K M N Q and Y fares. What about, say, B, which is one step down from Y? What is N doing there, when N is a very low fare (0.5 q points per mile)? Where are L and V, which are 1 q point per mile, i.e. higher fares than N? What gives?!

I wonder if the discount will apply to YUPs (which are an odd mix of Y and A -- booking code different from fare basis). Anyone tried this yet? It would be especially nice to get 10% off the various YUPs we all book from time to time...
Old Oct 21, 04, 7:41 pm
askworldtraveler

I'm going to go through the thread and take out the code -

There is a link in the first post to the charity - where one can make a donation and get the code..... thanks everyone....

Old Oct 21, 04, 8:30 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I'm going to post an unpopular opinion (what else is new) that the code should remain in this thread. It'll be posted somewhere else, and now the world's premier frequent flier bulletin board (or whatever) won't have it. While this is a worthwhile charity and everyone should donate to the charity of their choice, I see all sorts of airline secrets being posted here and everywhere, don't see why this is any different.

In any case, thanks to OP for pointing out the opportunity.
Old Oct 21, 04, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, QF PLT, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by askworldtraveler
There is a link in the first post to the charity - where one can make a donation and get the code..... thanks everyone....
Bravo!

I think pointing us to the discount is quite sufficient and will help ensure that AA continues to offer these codes in the future.
Old Oct 21, 04, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bollar
Bravo!

I think pointing us to the discount is quite sufficient and will help ensure that AA continues to offer these codes in the future.
I completely agree and applaud askworldtraveler's actions. I've always felt that way about these things. That having been said-- am I dim or is it very tough to find the link on the website to donate and get the discount code?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: