Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to J class--do they offer DVD players on AA or Swiss?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2004, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
New to J class--do they offer DVD players on AA or Swiss?

Trying to get a full understanding of the amenities offered in Business class, so pardon my ignorance.

We are traveling JFK to Geneva and Paris on Swiss but using AA miles (slight possibility of more direct return from Paris on AA metal). Only 4 people in Swiss forum, so I wanted to ask basic questions about both:

1) Are personal DVD players provided, or is that in F? (or maybe a figment of my imagination) Trying to decide whether to bring DVDs with us.

2) Do we get to use the Admiral's Club either leg? Dropped from Plat to Gold this year, so won't make it in on status.

Thanks,
Rigmutt
Old Oct 6, 2004, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Rigmutt

2) Do we get to use the Admiral's Club either leg? Dropped from Plat to Gold this year, so won't make it in on status.
You can use the Admiral's Club when booked in J class.
Old Oct 6, 2004, 1:49 pm

Programs: back to AA PLT, 1.6+MM
Last time I was on Swiss (intra-Europe short-haul), CD/DVD players weren't permitted at all. Apparently alot of European carriers are like this - no laser-drive device operation permitted. 'don't know why.

On AA, DVD players are provided in J on the 767, not on the 777 (w. the built-in video systems). If I remeber correctly, the DVD player will only play AA-provided DVD's (to discourage theft of the systems). Airline DVD's are encoded with a special "airline" region code, that won't play on standard DVD players.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.