Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-ticket issues for AA/BA combo itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2004, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 9.9MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by GregM
Humm! Interesting. Was your receipt printed on ticket stock by AA or did you print off the receipt you were sent by email?
No, no, the point I was making is when I book online, I get options to email me a receipt or to regular mail me a receipt. I take the regular mail, which comes on the standard AA letter stock (6" x 11"?) The reason is it looks much more official than a printed email.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 2:57 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by bstndance
Interesting, I had an e-mail e-ticket and went to LGW, the CS Gatekeeper at check in took my e-mail receipt and brought me back an itinerary printed on AA stock while I was in line. She said I needed that to continue. Strange
I think this is SOP for international flights.

In the early days, when I originated at DFW for CDG, I would get the eTicket receipt on ticket stock when checking in at DFW.

Now that I originate at CDG for DFW, I get the same thing upon check-in at CDG--either from an AA employee that greets you just before pre-check-in security or the pre-check-in security agent. Recently, I have been finding that one of these people have had the receipt pre-printed at the business class check-in. Otherwise, they go print it off before you clear pre-check-in security.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Thanks for all the replies. Seems like nobody else has experienced this same issue, although it's happened to me 2 times out of 2 in the last couple of months traveling on e-ticketed AA/BA itineraries.

Just so you know, I did show the agent my receipt on AA ticket stock. The fact that is clearly said it was an e-ticket made no impression on her whatsoever. She probably figured I also had a wallet full of counterfeit 50 Euro notes. I suppose it did convince her supervisor to call AA in London, if nothing else.

I'd think about going back to paper tickets, but the last time I used one of these (March), the BA agent on my return leg claimed that she needed to see my re-issued paper ticket before she would issue my boarding passes -- evidently her computer system was telling her I had made a change to my itinerary (I hadn't, of course).

Well, maybe I'll drop BA a note to ask why this always happens to me (and point out that the agents are always so accusative). And I'll see what happens when I do another e-ticketed AA/BA trip to OSL later this month...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.