How to find out if a flight has a meal in First?

Old Jun 3, 2004, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Question How to find out if a flight has a meal in First?

I know you can call AA and just ask, but is there a more simple (and fast) way? Can you see it in the electronic timetable?
Old Jun 3, 2004, 9:23 pm

Yes you can see in the electronic time table
Old Jun 3, 2004, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
Originally Posted by dspringer28
I know you can call AA and just ask, but is there a more simple (and fast) way? Can you see it in the electronic timetable?
The only way I know of is to go through the process of booking the flight in F on aa.com, all the way to the page where you can "Hold" the reservation. After holding the reservation, the next page shows the itinerary, and you can click on flight "details", and it will either show a meal or beverage service. This is the way I usually do this, but it's probably just faster to call AA.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by card1953
The only way I know of is to go through the process of booking the flight in F on aa.com, all the way to the page where you can "Hold" the reservation. After holding the reservation, the next page shows the itinerary, and you can click on flight "details", and it will either show a meal or beverage service. This is the way I usually do this, but it's probably just faster to call AA.
This is what I had been doing, just hopeing to find somthing better.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miler
Yes you can see in the electronic time table
You may be right, but my version of the electronic timetable only discloses whether meals are served in coach.

The OP wants to know if a meal is served in First Class, and the timetable doesn't disclose the meals in F on flights where no meal is served in coach.

Of course, if the timetable shows a coach meal, you can safely assume F has one as well.

The only way I know how to do it (without calling) is to book the flight in F on AA.com, Expedia or Travelocity and then cancel.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I personally use expedia.com and try to book a one-way F fare for the selected flight segment:

Orlando (MCO)
Depart 9:06 am to Dallas (DFW)
Arrive 10:45 am 974 mile(s) (1568 km)
Duration: 2hr 39mn

Flight: 1067

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Class, Breakfast, MDC MD80, 90% on time
Old Jun 3, 2004, 11:51 pm

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
See criteria for food service in First Class here...

http://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/Vie...omotionContent
Old Jun 4, 2004, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by timid_trnchcoat
I personally use expedia.com and try to book a one-way F fare for the selected flight segment:

Orlando (MCO)
Depart 9:06 am to Dallas (DFW)
Arrive 10:45 am 974 mile(s) (1568 km)
Duration: 2hr 39mn

Flight: 1067

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Class, Breakfast, MDC MD80, 90% on time
Expedia.com is a great source for F food service. In fact, you don't even have to "book" a segment. Just use the timetable search function. Choose a flight. The meal service that is shown is the F meal service (it does not show the Y class food service at all).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.