Wiki Posts
Search

OneWorld Lounge Photo Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2004, 2:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Welcome to FlyerTalk, SchmeckFlyer! Great description of the SEA BA lounge... much better than my blurry photos!
Old Jun 22, 2004, 8:45 am

Manchester Virtual reality image?

Originally Posted by GregM
Thats it: the Terraces lounge is located on the upper level - the centre piece of the lounge area is a circular atrium - its glass roof is clearly visible on that shot.
BA used to have a QuickTime virtual reality 360 degree photo of an unidentified Terrace lounge on thier website. You could navigate your way around the various areas (Lobby, lounge, bar, combiz, even the bathroom!). It may well be Manchester as it surrounds a circular atrium on an upper level, with shops below. I've always wondered where it was, as it's not Heathrow T1 or T4, and not Gatwick either, but must be at major hub to justify a lounge of that size.

I can't find it on their website anymore, but I have a copy of the (.mov?) file somewhere at home which I can mail to someone who volunteers to host it.

Bulkhead.

Last edited by bulkhead; Jun 22, 2004 at 8:49 am
Old Jun 22, 2004, 8:58 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Very snazzy!!!

Incidentally, I was in RDU this week, and the new Club is due to open in 2 months. The old Club was not that bad, but they had to relocate due to terminal construction. So they relocated onto the concourse while the new one is being built.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by flyastrojets
Very snazzy!!!

Incidentally, I was in RDU this week, and the new Club is due to open in 2 months. The old Club was not that bad, but they had to relocate due to terminal construction. So they relocated onto the concourse while the new one is being built.
I will be in the RDU "club" on Thurs., I wish it was "real" but better than sitting at the gate.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 6:12 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I spent five hours at the RDU "lounge" last March before my LGW flight. It lacked quite a bit, but the drinks were great and very generous.

They opened a new bottle of campari for me.

lala
Old Jun 22, 2004, 6:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Speaking of RDU, when I was in temorary AC there last month I was able to get a free wireless signal (wasn't T-Mobile, but someone else).
Old Jul 6, 2004, 8:27 am

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Hopefully he's a little more "focused" when he takes x-rays!
Seriously though, how can one even take such consistently out-of-focus photos now-a-days? (Assuming the photos are digital, etc.)

In any case, great work.
I am guessing that it's actually not the camera, nor directly the fault of the photographer. It's just that Charles probably prefers to take the pictures without a flash, or is obliged to do so in the absence of flashlight. The exposure is correspondingly extended by fractions of a second (or more depending on the lighting) and the picture being "out of focus" is the result of handshake. A simple tool like a tripod or cabinet on which to leave the camera would be helpful. I totally understand this handshake problem since I am very sensitive to how flashlight alters the true ambience of an enclosed area, and often take pictures like Charles does. With lots of practice and tact (find a shelf or cabinet on which to place the camera), handshake can actually be greatly reduced and the focus beautifully maintained.

$0.02
Old Aug 9, 2004, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Hopefully he's a little more "focused" when he takes x-rays!
Seriously though, how can one even take such consistently out-of-focus photos now-a-days? (Assuming the photos are digital, etc.)

In any case, great work.
I would suspect these came off a phonecam or PDA camera attachment and there might not be much he could do about them. I'd find it hard to believe that a doctor couldn't afford a real high-end digital camera.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 9:11 am

Can I use the BA lounge at DFW if I am traveling in J class on AA Metal or am I forced to use the AA lounge?

Last edited by RGreenPC; Aug 10, 2004 at 10:41 am
Old Aug 10, 2004, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by RGreenPC
Can I use the BA lounge at DFW if I am traveling in J class on DFW Metal or am I forced to use the AA lounge?
What do you mean by "DFW metal"?
Old Aug 10, 2004, 10:48 am

What I was meaning to ask was am I allowed to use the BA Terrace ( which I don't even see listed on the BA website - they do however list a BA FIRST lounge (is this an old webpage) ) if I am flying on AA Metal?

Or is the AA lounge better? I have only used the AA intl' lounge at DFW so I have nothing to compare it to.

One of these days I might ACTUALLY stop typing and read what I am writing... seems I need to upgrade the brain-finger interface.

Richard Green

Last edited by RGreenPC; Aug 10, 2004 at 11:36 am
Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:51 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1.5 Million Miles, SPG Gold, hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by techgirl
I don't think you can put your own copyright on material you post on Randy's website. We had a looooong discussion about this a few years ago, but if you post it here, you don't own it.

My suggestion would be that if you really think this is something you have a need to own or copyright that you need to move it to your own hosting/server.
Disagree! He still owns the copyright... but not for the distribution on this site. To say he doesn't is like saying an author forfiets all rights on his book if he donates it to a library. Then again, I'm not a lawyer.. any thoughts from actual JDs?

Unfortunately, I am having trouble viewing a lot of these pics... (seeing page not available, or invalid gateway errors.)
Keep them coming Charles!

Last edited by journalist212; Mar 28, 2005 at 12:54 am
Old May 21, 2006, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
site's down

I can't view these photos because the site seems to have disappeared -- anyone know an alternative URL?
Old May 21, 2006, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Originally Posted by salut0
I can't view these photos because the site seems to have disappeared -- anyone know an alternative URL?
This can be somewhat helpful:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Product/Lounges.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.