Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aa miles on cathay how long to post?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2004, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

aa miles on cathay how long to post?

Does anyone know how long cathay takes to post AA miles?
My parents took a trip to asia on american with the last leg from tokyo on cathay.
AA posted 3 days later, it's been over a week and cathay still hasn't.
Old May 17, 2004, 5:08 pm
Suspended

My (very) rough guideline for CX (and BA) is this: rarely less than 3 days, usually within a week, sometimes up to about 10 days. If no posting after 2 weeks, IME, mailing in the stuff will be necessary. I get the feeling CX flights post once a week-- generally on the same day each time.

BTW, many CX discount tickets (assuming not part of AA codeshare) do not give AA miles...

Last edited by JonNYC; May 17, 2004 at 5:12 pm
Old May 18, 2004, 12:01 am

Programs: UA, WN, AA Plat, too many hotels
My experience is very similar to JonNYC - 3 days quickest and 10-12 longest for CX miles to post on AA. Most recent expereince was for travel last month.
Old May 18, 2004, 6:04 am
Suspended

HKG-BKK J on CX last week took 3 days. Last year, JFK-HKG in Y (H fare) on CX took 1 week.
Old May 18, 2004, 8:51 am
ak

This has been my experience so far...

Cathay flights post once a week on Monday nights, subject to a three day minimum (not including the day of the flight). Consequently, a flight could take anywhere from three days (early Friday morning flights) to a maximum of ten days (Friday afternoon or later flights) to post. This is assuming that the flight was booked in a fare that is eligible to earn AAdvantage miles.
Old May 19, 2004, 9:50 am
Original Poster

tks for the responses regarding your past experiences with cathay.
I'll wait another week before pesting american.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.