Wiki Posts
Search

How to transfer AANYC certs?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2004, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, NWA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
How to transfer AANYC certs?

I have a AANYC(fly from NYC twice, fly worldwide free) which i want to transfer to someone else. On the back of the certs, it say I have to do it by personally presenting certs at the AA ticketing location. Is there any other way I can finish this transfer? Such as by phone......Thanks for helping out.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by dunwu
I have a AANYC(fly from NYC twice, fly worldwide free) which i want to transfer to someone else. On the back of the certs, it say I have to do it by personally presenting certs at the AA ticketing location. Is there any other way I can finish this transfer? Such as by phone......Thanks for helping out.
I don't have one, but assuming it's like any other cert from AA, all you have to do is sign it(not really, since AA doesn't have anybodies signature on file), and give it to???

It worked fine with every other cert I ever got.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 1:16 pm

I don't have my certs in front of me, but I think the language says to ignore the back. The fine print on the front should steer you in the right direction.

Basically, you call and make the reservation in the other person's name, and then cross out your name, write in his or hers, and put that name on the outside of the envelope (possibly only a first initial here). The phone agents will have all of the info.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I signed both of mine and mailed them to a friend.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by alamedaguy
I don't have my certs in front of me, but I think the language says to ignore the back. The fine print on the front should steer you in the right direction.

Basically, you call and make the reservation in the other person's name, and then cross out your name, write in his or hers, and put that name on the outside of the envelope (possibly only a first initial here). The phone agents will have all of the info.
As mentioned, just follow the instructions on the front:
-cross out your name in the front and write the pax name (as mentioned above)
- follow the instructions for writing on the back of the envelope (as mentioned above)
-sign on the back (not mentioned above)

The only unclear issue (IMHO) is how to pay the taxes- what I did is:
1.) made a reservation
2.) sent the cert. in certified mail
3.) after I saw online that the cert had been signed for, called and gave a credit card- not sure if I could have done it before-hand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.