Wiki Posts
Search

why no fare basis on receipt?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2004, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AC 25K, Marriott LT Platinum
Question why no fare basis on receipt?

(search not working...apologies if covered elsewhere)

Why doesn't AA include the fare basis code on e-ticket receipts it issues?

I've received receipts by email, fax and mail, and none of them have included the fare basis. I've even tried viewing my itinerary at aa.com, and it won't show me the fare basis either.

Is there a site where one can retrieve this information (for reservations made directly through AA)?
Old Apr 20, 2004, 12:58 am

This is absolutely the weakest link in AA inline bookings . There are some good threads already on this. AA should wake up and fix this. And not just on the receipt but right thru the reviewing/booking process so you know what fare basis is there are offering at each stage of the reservation process.

Last edited by Arnold; Apr 20, 2004 at 1:03 am
Old Apr 20, 2004, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
There are ways to check the fare basis during the reservation process (by clicking on the "Fare Rules" link), but I have yet to find a way to check the fare basis after purchasing the ticket other than calling aa. It's very annoying.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 7:42 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, QF PLT, Marriott PLT
Unfortunately "Fare Rules" is only available when searching by fare. If you search by schedule, you can't see the fare basis at all.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by bollar
Unfortunately "Fare Rules" is only available when searching by fare. If you search by schedule, you can't see the fare basis at all.
I don't think that's true. Even if you are searching by schedule, once you select flights and your itinerary is priced -- but before you confirm it -- there is a link at the top of the page to "review detailed fare rules." Clicking on this will show the fare bases of each segment.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Plt
Finding fare rules after ticketing...

I believe you can find the fare rules for your ticketed trips using http://www.refunds.aa.com

Unfortunately, I don't have any flight ticketed at this time, so I can't verify this statement ;(
Old Apr 20, 2004, 7:54 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Blumie
I don't think that's true. Even if you are searching by schedule, once you select flights and your itinerary is priced -- but before you confirm it -- there is a link at the top of the page to "review detailed fare rules." Clicking on this will show the fare bases of each segment.
Ah! Indeed you're right, of course. I never noticed the fine print on the top left before.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 7:59 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kaig
I believe you can find the fare rules for your ticketed trips using http://www.refunds.aa.com

Unfortunately, I don't have any flight ticketed at this time, so I can't verify this statement ;(
Just tried it...this is true. You select your ticket...by ticket number, credit card, PNR (my choice here). Hit the "Select for Refund". I was hesitant to do this, but was pretty sure that there would be at least one more checkpoint before actually processing it. There was . You get a page with a bunch of info. At the bottom is an Itinerary section. This has the fare codes. Of course, I didn't hit the "Continue" at the bottom of that screen...

Cheers.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 8:04 am

Still we need the info as we're going thru the search and booking process.

WAKE UP AA AND FIX IT!!!!!

3.9 million mile EXP
Old Apr 20, 2004, 8:16 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kaig

Wow, this actually gives you some great information! Good find!
Old Apr 20, 2004, 9:45 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Arnold
Still we need the info as we're going thru the search and booking process.

WAKE UP AA AND FIX IT!!!!!
It is there in the booking process. After choosing the desired flights (whether through Search by Price or Search by Schedule), there are links for the Fare Details.

It's only after one has booked that they go away.

Cheers.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 10:03 am

Programs: EXP
A recent request to aa.com, regarding this very topic, yielded the response below;

Please note, on future reservations, you may locate the - Fare Rules -
link from the Make a Reservation Select Flights Page when searching by
fare. When searching by schedule this is located on the passenger
details page, under your fare summary.

By clicking on the link you will be given a detailed look at the rules
of the fare that you are about to purchase.

Please note that you will only see this link during the booking
process. If you have further questions regarding fare rules after
booking, please contact reservations at 1-800-433-7300.

You may contact AA.com Web Services if you require assistance.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
When searching for fares on multi-city routings (international plus domestic itineraries), I often get errors when attempting to retrieve fare rules. If a freakin' reservation system can't understand the complex fare rules, how can the lay-flyer?

Originally Posted by brp
It is there in the booking process. After choosing the desired flights (whether through Search by Price or Search by Schedule), there are links for the Fare Details.

It's only after one has booked that they go away.

Cheers.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 1:51 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
When searching for fares on multi-city routings (international plus domestic itineraries), I often get errors when attempting to retrieve fare rules. If a freakin' reservation system can't understand the complex fare rules, how can the lay-flyer?
Actually, I've experienced that as well. While it works pretty reliably for "simple" routings, I've gotten the error message with multi-city routings, often wirh or without international legs. I had forgotten about that part. It is annoying when it suggests that you call CS, and all you want to do is explore.

Cheers.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 2:58 pm

Location: New York, NY AA EXP 1MM, Go Arsenal! Yanks in 2006!
All Right Kaig!!!

Top Marks Man!!!

^ ^

I had to give you reputation points for that one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.