New Dallas-Peoria service

Old Apr 17, 04, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT
New Dallas-Peoria service

New DFW-PIA service launches 15 July 2004...

AA 3463 DFW 1135-1335 PIA ERD Daily
AA 3483 DFW 1950-2150 PIA ERD Daily

AA 3484 PIA 0645-0855 DFW ERD Daily
AA 3462 PIA 1415-1625 DFW ERD Daily

Should be open for booking by Monday morning.
Old Apr 17, 04, 8:28 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, Delta GLD, Hilton GLD
The service times look great if you are coming to DFW to work. Early morning arrival and late evening return. However, if you are in DFW and bound for Peoria to work the schedule looks really unproductive.
Old Apr 17, 04, 11:14 am

Programs: SPG HHonors
Is there any demand for this?

Originally Posted by MAH4546
New DFW-PIA service launches 15 July 2004...

AA 3463 DFW 1135-1335 PIA ERD Daily
AA 3483 DFW 1950-2150 PIA ERD Daily

AA 3484 PIA 0645-0855 DFW ERD Daily
AA 3462 PIA 1415-1625 DFW ERD Daily

Should be open for booking by Monday morning.
Why are they doing a RJ on this route? Is it really worth much? It seems like service out of ORD would have been adequate. I would be surprised to see many people flying this route from DFW.
Old Apr 17, 04, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ScottTexas
Why are they doing a RJ on this route? Is it really worth much? It seems like service out of ORD would have been adequate. I would be surprised to see many people flying this route from DFW.
RJ service to other midwestern cities from DFW has been successful. Also, this service helps keep pressure off the overcrowded ORD hub - encouraging connections at DFW.
Old Apr 17, 04, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by ScottTexas
I would think it's mostly for Caterpillar. Business people need to fly in and out from all over the world, so DFW is just as good of a connection as ORD.
Old Apr 17, 04, 1:29 pm

Programs: A3 Silver, DL Silver, IHG Platinum
Business people need to fly in and out from all over the world, so DFW is just as good of a connection as ORD.
There's some decent Latin American schedule out of DFW, right? Also gets you started in the right direction anywhere south, southwest, and southeast. Plus it combats the AA cutbacks at St. Louis.

An O'Hare connection would probably still work best for Europe and points north, northeast, and northwest.

O'Hare has got serious problems (and the O'Hare expansion plan won't fix it, folks). Peoria could be the very first city to ground stop with O'Hare problems, and we're coming into the afternoon thunderstorm season.

To digress a bit, here's my (cheaper) plan for fixing Chicago:

1. Go to tighter slot allocations and auction to the highest bidders (with per-company share caps).

2. Switch to European-style multi-airline gates at O'Hare.

3. Build Peotone, one runway to start. (Yeah, I've come to the reluctant conclusion it'll need to be done.) Since you're building new, same deal: multi-airline gates.

4. Build a high speed, behind-security rail line connecting Peotone, Midway, and O'Hare. Allow through ticketing (e.g. LHR-EONxORD-DCA) and boarding at any airport in the system. (You can park at one and take off from another.)

5. Run express trains on existing lines O'Hare-downtown/Midway-downtown (if possible) and/or restore skip-stop.

6. Run frequent, terminal-connected train service between Gary and downtown on existing lines.

7. Reopen/improve Meigs (CGX). Or build a west side GA reliever (city limits along the Eisenhower).

8. International connections lounge (no customs clearance for, say, Europe to Latin America itineraries).

9. Reciprocal Canadian customs clearance on departure.

10. Regional high speed rail with airport stops, e.g. Downtown-Peotone-Peoria-points west.

11. Rationalize downtown train/El (subway) connections.
Old Apr 17, 04, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by sipples
To digress a bit, here's my (cheaper) plan for fixing Chicago:
PHEW! I'm tired after reading that! Building airports, new hi-speed rail lines, etc. If this is the cheaper plan, what would the more expensive one be?
Old Apr 17, 04, 7:35 pm

Programs: A3 Silver, DL Silver, IHG Platinum
If this is the cheaper plan, what would the more expensive one be?
Expanding O'Hare (reconfiguring runways, etc.) Especially if Mayor Daley does it.
Old Apr 18, 04, 2:36 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Thumbs down Thanks AA

Thanks AA. Thanks for AAvoiding MLI-DFW. Heaven forbid that AA should restore AAs MLI frequency to where it was during the days of AmericanConnection service to STL, and diminish the chance of DFW-MLI any time soon due to PIAs proximity. From 8 daily flights STL-MLI to 4 ERJ MLI-ORD. Would it have hurt to add one daily DFW-MLI and vice versa instead of 2 daily DFW-PIA and vice versa?

No wonder why Northwest Airlink now has the most passengers into MLI, and not AE/AA/AX. [and will NW have RJ service to all of their hubs from MLI this summer]

*end of rant*

Search this Thread