Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get "UNLIMITED" AA miles for less than $0.01 per mile

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2004, 3:55 pm

If the GC could buy Anything Points then we would be in business. Not sure it can.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 4:51 am

log in at your paypal account, scroll down to the bottom and click on giftcertificates/points. on the next page then appears the following:

"To earn more points, go to the eBay Anything Points offer page. Purchase Gift Certificates, or learn how to redeem Gift Certificates and Anything Points."

So according to paypal the purchase of GC qualifies to ears points. The question is, how many points you earn/$.

At the ebay help pages (http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/anythingpoints.html) the following is listed:

"What are eBay Anything Points worth?
One (1) eBay Anything Point equals US $0.01 towards the payment of any eBay item paid for through PayPal that meets the following criteria:

Seller accepts PayPal as a payment method.
Item was originally priced on an eBay Web site in one of the following currencies: US Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Pounds Sterling, or Euros.
Item must be paid for through PayPal within 10 days of the listing ending.
Item was bought on an eBay Web site using the same eBay account that was used to register for the Anything Points account.
Anything Points apply only to the final price (or final value) of an eBay item, and they are not applicable to shipping, sales tax, or insurance fees. "

Theoretically, GC would match these criteria........

So give it a try and see how many points will show up on you account.

BearFan....keep us informed about the success of your GC purchase. Somewhere I read that it takes 24 hrs to post the points. And it takes 1-4 bussiness days to post the miles at AAdvantage.

Sorry, but I found no confirmatin of the fact that these miles count towards MM status, but we will know soon....

No bad deal if this works out as described by MazdaMP.

Anyhow, tanks MazdaMP for pointing this out!!!
Old Apr 14, 2004, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by fluegelwesen
log in at your paypal account, scroll down to the bottom and click on giftcertificates/points. on the next page then appears the following:

"To earn more points, go to the eBay Anything Points offer page. Purchase Gift Certificates, or learn how to redeem Gift Certificates and Anything Points."

So according to paypal the purchase of GC qualifies to ears points. The question is, how many points you earn/$.

At the ebay help pages (http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/anythingpoints.html) the following is listed:

"What are eBay Anything Points worth?
One (1) eBay Anything Point equals US $0.01 towards the payment of any eBay item paid for through PayPal that meets the following criteria:

Seller accepts PayPal as a payment method.
Item was originally priced on an eBay Web site in one of the following currencies: US Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Pounds Sterling, or Euros.
Item must be paid for through PayPal within 10 days of the listing ending.
Item was bought on an eBay Web site using the same eBay account that was used to register for the Anything Points account.
Anything Points apply only to the final price (or final value) of an eBay item, and they are not applicable to shipping, sales tax, or insurance fees. "

Theoretically, GC would match these criteria........

So give it a try and see how many points will show up on you account.

BearFan....keep us informed about the success of your GC purchase. Somewhere I read that it takes 24 hrs to post the points. And it takes 1-4 bussiness days to post the miles at AAdvantage.

Sorry, but I found no confirmatin of the fact that these miles count towards MM status, but we will know soon....

No bad deal if this works out as described by MazdaMP.

Anyhow, tanks MazdaMP for pointing this out!!!
All AA miles count toward MM status.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 7:31 am

[QUOTE=fluegelwesen]log in at your paypal account, scroll down to the bottom and click on giftcertificates/points. on the next page then appears the following:

I'm not sure where you are reading that the purchase of a gift certificate earns points. Even if it does, the point earnings are typically 1-10 points per dollar spent, so a $100 gift certificate would earn 100-1000 points, not 10,000 points as had been suggested.

The $ .01 value you refer to is the monetary value if you want to use points to make a purchase. In other words 1,000 points could be used for a $10 purchase. A $10 purchase does not get you 1,000 points!
Old Apr 14, 2004, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
I haven't even bothered to go check the site. Usually I stick to the old adage...if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. Good luck.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 8:29 am
Suspended

I like the US Airways point transfer scenario. However, I'm waiting for something like the 2450 Mypoints for a $1.25 Amtrak ticket to pop up again, then push 1:1 to HHonors!
Old Apr 14, 2004, 8:29 am

I checked this morning and no points on ebay have posted. I'll give it let you guys know if anything does.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 11:11 am

Very BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD news:

talked to somebody offical at ebay, and got the following information:

to earn anything points when buying GC you have to use the ebay anything master card.

and if you use the ebay anything master card to buy a GC, you only get one point per 1 $.

That´s it.....
Old Apr 14, 2004, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
This can't work as described, but....

A) It is a good deal for the points plus membership - for a few cheap AA miles.

B) Are there any credit cards that give a Ebay Anything Points sign up bonus? I thought I had seen them in the past, but all on see on Ebay now are free CC with no sign up bonus.

C) There is a more a convoluted way (involves multiple people, incl. Ebay seller, and several steps) someone could earn some Ebay points for transfer to AA at a reasonable cost. I'm not sure I should spell it out.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by fluegelwesen
I was excited to see this as well. But I think that it should read:
To earn more points, go to the eBay Anything Points offer page. (Period. Pause. Here's a link to...") Purchase Gift Certificates, or learn how to redeem Gift Certificates and Anything Points.

i.e. the two are unrelated.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Where is MazdaMP to explain further?

Hello!!!!!!
Old Apr 14, 2004, 2:57 pm

Programs: SPG HHonors
Lightbulb Good deal in combo with Sharebuilder

Thanks for the tip, MazdaMP. I just signed up. Remember to sign up for the 2100 ebay points as your enrollment bonus, NOT the 650 AA miles.

I also signed up for Sharebuilder and will get 5000 ebay points for this after making one trade (cost $4). Sharebuilder is really cheap and does not include any min. usage fees or inactivity fees. You get the ebay points 3 weeks after your first trade. So, if this works out, I should get

7100 ebay points
7400 AA miles
total cost: $25 ($21 for points.com and $4 for sharebuilder).

Awesome deal! :-:
Old Apr 14, 2004, 3:24 pm

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Originally Posted by MazdaMP
Step 1) Open a points.com account with the "ebay anything points" sign-up offer, you get 2100 ebay anything points for $19.95

I DID THAT

Here is what posted to my account for the initial $19.95:

04/11/04 POINTS 3RD BIRTHDAY BONUS 0 1,221 1,221
04/11/04 POINTS.COM MILEAGE TRANSFER 977 0 977
How long after you signed up did they post it? I just signed up and it shows a ZERO balance
Old Apr 14, 2004, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Lightbulb

Another option is to forego the $19.95 membership fee - Fairmont Hotel Presidents Club members are entitled to a free PointsPlus membership ( www.points.com/fpc ) - and then do the Sharebuilder deal for the 5,000 eBay points. 2,326 AA miles for only $4.00. ^^
Old Apr 15, 2004, 10:15 am

Programs: UA, AA Gold, Delta, HHonors Diamond, Marriott, Starwood
Question

Originally Posted by ScottTexas
Thanks for the tip, MazdaMP. I just signed up. Remember to sign up for the 2100 ebay points as your enrollment bonus, NOT the 650 AA miles.

I also signed up for Sharebuilder and will get 5000 ebay points for this after making one trade (cost $4). Sharebuilder is really cheap and does not include any min. usage fees or inactivity fees. You get the ebay points 3 weeks after your first trade. So, if this works out, I should get

7100 ebay points
7400 AA miles
total cost: $25 ($21 for points.com and $4 for sharebuilder).

Awesome deal! :-:
ScottTexas,

I cannot find where it says that you get 5000 ebay anything points for signing up with Sharebuilder. Can you please provide more information on this? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.