3 Million AA miles

Old Apr 6, 04, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Smile 3 Million AA miles

I will shortly be passing the 3 million mark for American miles. I would appreciate it if someone could inform me what, if anything, I can expect from AA for reaching this milestone. Thanks.
Old Apr 7, 04, 5:15 pm

First of all, congratulations on hitting this threshold! You don't indicate what your status is on AA, but with 3MM miles, I will asssume you are EXP. With this, you would get 8 1-way VIP upgrade certificates, and the 3 Million mile circle on your EXP luggage tags. If you are below EXP. I am not honestly sure what they would offer.
Old Apr 7, 04, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jet Lag
First of all, congratulations on hitting this threshold! You don't indicate what your status is on AA, but with 3MM miles, I will asssume you are EXP. With this, you would get 8 1-way VIP upgrade certificates, and the 3 Million mile circle on your EXP luggage tags. If you are below EXP. I am not honestly sure what they would offer.
No, not 8 VIP's. Either 4 VIPs or maybe 2 of the rumored new "VIPmm" certs that are free of capacity control. In no case will it be 8 VIP's for hitting a MM mark.
Old Apr 7, 04, 10:13 pm

Location: Austin TX, AA Platinum for life (who will live longer, me or AAdvantage?)
I hit 3MM about six weeks ago and nothing yet. I'll post if something happens. I'm not EXP, only PLT from the 2MM.
Old Apr 25, 04, 11:52 am

Location: Austin TX, AA Platinum for life (who will live longer, me or AAdvantage?)
I did receive a congratulations package from AA on hitting 3 million along with a new card, two luggage tags and four one way system upgrades which will be available online soon (though can be used immediately by calling AA). They also refer me to www.aa.com/vpupdate for information.
Old Apr 25, 04, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Just curious.... Do the new E-certs have a one year expiration date?

Hoping they do not... just as the 500 miler e-certs do not.
Old Apr 25, 04, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
I'll be hitting 2MM later this year, so I know I'll get lifetime PLT along with a nice letter of congratulations. What else can I expect from AA for hitting this important milestone in my life?
Old Apr 25, 04, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by srk123
I'll be hitting 2MM later this year, so I know I'll get lifetime PLT along with a nice letter of congratulations. What else can I expect from AA for hitting this important milestone in my life?
New luggage tags and a new card with 2MM on it and 4 VIPs.
Old Apr 25, 04, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by chix
Do the new E-certs have a one year expiration date?

Unfortunately, it appears they do expire. I called the EXP # last week while trying to arrange my husband's first e-VIP upgrade. (TA at DFW didn't have a clue how to proceed, she kept insisting that he needed a paper cert.)

Anyway, during the phone conversation the agent mentioned that the VIP would expire. He said Feb or Mar 05 (can't remember which), but either is approx. one year from issue.
Old Apr 26, 04, 3:07 am
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
Whoa!

Originally Posted by JonNYC
No, not 8 VIP's. Either 4 VIPs or maybe 2 of the rumored new "VIPmm" certs that are free of capacity control. In no case will it be 8 VIP's for hitting a MM mark.
No capacity control? Great rumor; I hope it ends up being true. I've been 'away' for a while so I haven't heard anything of this before now.

Let's hope!

Search this Thread