Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
ARCHIVE: Admirals Club Members + Reciprocal Qantas Club Access

Admirals Club Members' Reciprocal Access to Qantas Clubs
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Admirals Club Membership + Reciprocal Qantas Club Access (master thread)

I am flying Toronto - Dallas - Brisbane - Townsville - Brisbane - LAX - Toronto.

I read about a 30-day Admiral's club membership that would allow access to AA lounges, and Qantas lounges. Based on this itinerary, would this membership allow me plus an adult guest, access to lounges at all of these airports? (Toronto-Dallas and LAX-Toronto are on AA metal, rest are on Qantas metal). As I understand it, Qantas has different lounges - which 'tier' does Admiral's club entitle you to use?

Is this 30 day membership still available? If so, is the cost still $99?

I tried calling the number on the Admiral's club membership page, but they are closed until Monday for the holiday.

Many thanks for your help.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 28, 2015 at 11:15 am Reason: Restore original post title
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Admirals Club Membership + Reciprocal Qantas Club Access (master thread)

I am flying Toronto - Dallas - Brisbane - Townsville - Brisbane - LAX - Toronto.

I read about a 30-day Admiral's club membership that would allow access to AA lounges, and Qantas lounges. Based on this itinerary, would this membership allow me plus an adult guest, access to lounges at all of these airports? (Toronto-Dallas and LAX-Toronto are on AA metal, rest are on Qantas metal). As I understand it, Qantas has different lounges - which 'tier' does Admiral's club entitle you to use?

I tried calling the number on the Admiral's club membership page, but they are closed until Monday for the holiday.

Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by emma69

happy travels. to find your answer, i went to google and searched for "aadmirals club lounge access policy".

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...sLocations.jsp

go the specific lounge location you are looking at and you will find the specific rules for access. keep in mind the information found on the "guest access information" tab.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by emma69

happy travels. to find your answer, i went to google and searched for "aadmirals club lounge access policy".

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...sLocations.jsp

go the specific lounge location you are looking at and you will find the specific rules for access. keep in mind the information found on the "guest access information" tab.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, that definitely provides some of the answers! Confused on Brisbane tho - the lounge it mentions (Departures Level 1, Gate 22) is the domestic lounge - but there is also a Qantas Club lounge in the international terminal - anyone know if that is also ok to use?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, that definitely provides some of the answers! Confused on Brisbane tho - the lounge it mentions (Departures Level 1, Gate 22) is the domestic lounge - but there is also a Qantas Club lounge in the international terminal - anyone know if that is also ok to use?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Doesn't the 30-day AC pass come with the normal benefits as a one year pass? I thought that the one day passes are the more restrictive.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Doesn't the 30-day AC pass come with the normal benefits as a one year pass? I thought that the one day passes are the more restrictive.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It may do - I am not sure. Thanks to the link above, I've found lounges that I should be able to use at all, including a guest, apart from Brisbane International Terminal, I *think*!
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It may do - I am not sure. Thanks to the link above, I've found lounges that I should be able to use at all, including a guest, apart from Brisbane International Terminal, I *think*!
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton ◆
Qantas has four types of lounges. With AC membership (year or month), this should be your access:

Domestic:
- Qantas Club: Access
- Business Lounge: No access

International:
- Business Lounge: Access*
- First Lounge: No access

*I can't find that in writing on either AA or QF's website, but I'm fairly certain it's true given that Qantas Club members get access. Hopefully someone can verify this from personal experience.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton ◆
Qantas has four types of lounges. With AC membership (year or month), this should be your access:

Domestic:
- Qantas Club: Access
- Business Lounge: No access

International:
- Business Lounge: Access*
- First Lounge: No access

*I can't find that in writing on either AA or QF's website, but I'm fairly certain it's true given that Qantas Club members get access. Hopefully someone can verify this from personal experience.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Make sure when you get the 30 day pass you get a print out or a receipt emailed to you that you can print out showing the effective dates. Just as the AC needs the membership card to honor a QC because it can't be looked up, QC needs to see a card, and the paper should do in it's place.

That being said, I've heard stories of it working and not working, so keep that in mind.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Make sure when you get the 30 day pass you get a print out or a receipt emailed to you that you can print out showing the effective dates. Just as the AC needs the membership card to honor a QC because it can't be looked up, QC needs to see a card, and the paper should do in it's place.

That being said, I've heard stories of it working and not working, so keep that in mind.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.