Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: the current thread can be read and posted to here.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Eye of Storm
When the first officer finishes saying "please remain in your seat with the seat belt fastened until the captain turns off the 'fasten seat belts' sign", one microsecond before the sign is actually turned off and the ding sounds.
LOL! So true...
Old Jun 4, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Gold 1MM, BA Blue again :-(, Hilton Silver
Not flying, but it is travel related - someone on the trip advisor website is complaining that the toaster in their condo in Hawaii didn't have a 'bagel' setting
Old Jun 4, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT
When the first officer finishes saying "please remain in your seat with the seat belt fastened until the captain turns off the 'fasten seat belts' sign", one microsecond before the sign is actually turned off and the ding sounds.
+1. Though honestly I also kinda love it.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL, UAL, SWA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by NW Mourning
Doesn't Luke like warm nuts?
That made me laugh out loud.

How about Ice Cream sundaes that are too frozen to eat and by the time they thaw enough, the hot fudge isn't hot anymore. Grrrrrr.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA
Originally Posted by mdcclv
+1. Though honestly I also kinda love it.
I would like it better myself if the pilots gave us a fighting chance to disobey their request.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
There are too few cashews in the warm nuts.
I don't know about that--I often get a seatmate who picks out everything but the cashews and his dish is still half full.

Personally I'd like to see macademias added to the mix.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by davesam12
made me lol. Thanks.

That they can't board the 763/777 economy pax from the rear of the aircraft. A woman with her 3 toddlers, newborn in arms, carry-ons, (and she was on crutches) actually blocked my aisle trying to get to their seats and the FA couldn't get past them to serve my pre-flight champagne! Umpf!!
Erroneously calling that sparkling crap Champagne.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Erroneously calling that sparkling crap Champagne.
But, the lovely "plastic" flute its served in -- gives it that "je ne sai qoui" ala' Dom or Cristal. . . AA serves the best "sparkling wine" in the air!!
Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum 5 million miles
When the FAs reference "Eleanor" as in: "one Eleanor and cross check" before takeoff and I never see any FAs with a name badge Eleanor. Also when I turn to the person sitting next to me and remark that Eleanor must fly a lot since she is almost always on my flight.

"Eleanor" is the slurring of L and R for left and right doors in the FA cross check of the doors. I know - I am very easily amused. As a child, I was fascinated with the clearance signs on bridges and frequently commented that "Clarence" was either growing or shrinking since the last time he was spotted. I am beginning to understand why I travel alone so often.

BTW - I use my rough AA paper napkin as a mini-tent and cover my dressing container or yogurt container when I am attempting to open these items on the plane. I also have had yougurt and/or salad dressing spurt on my clothes and when you travel as lightly as I do, squirting yogurt can ruin half of my wardrobe.

My other stupid thing that bothers me is when I do actually check-in with an AA agent and I am asked if Dallas is my final destination. Agents are not amused when I feign shock and say "OMG, the plane is not going to DFW; how will I get home to Fort Worth."

Last edited by FlyForFun; Jun 4, 2010 at 3:38 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by emma dog
10) AA doens't anticipate my complaint and send me vouchers automatically... I actually have to write them.
LOL
Old Jun 4, 2010, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
The only napkin served with my warm cookie is always under the cookie. Don't they realize that the chocolate chips melt and make the napkin unusuable?
Old Jun 4, 2010, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Trustguy
The only napkin served with my warm cookie is always under the cookie. Don't they realize that the chocolate chips melt and make the napkin unusuable?
And sometimes, the napkin gets moist, dissolves, and sticks to your cookie, and then you eat it.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 5:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Eleanor is frequently cross, so they want to check to see what her mood is.

"...or wherever your destination may take you..." is another least fave of mine. Where do they teach this mysterious aerial language?

And AA, though not as bad as FJ (where FAs will awake everyone in the cabin to announce a seat belt alert any number of times during a redeye transpac, rather than walk the cabin to observe most of us have seat belts fastened over our blankets,) AA tends to be overly cautious, IMO, on the seat belt issue - QF generally snuffs seat belt alert lights at / about 10,000 feet MSL and only "dings" pax when it is really more than mild aerial "railroad tracks".

(We did experience two bouts of mild of turbulence in an A380 May 31 that cabin crew were recalled to their seats - I can certainly see using that precaution, but every little jostle? Not. Too many pax will then hear the "wolf" cry so often they decline to fasten belts much of the time.)

Originally Posted by FlyForFun
When the FAs reference "Eleanor" as in: "one Eleanor and cross check" before takeoff and I never see any FAs with a name badge Eleanor. Also when I turn to the person sitting next to me and remark that Eleanor must fly a lot since she is almost always on my flight.

"Eleanor" is the slurring of L and R for left and right doors in the FA cross check of the doors. I know - I am very easily amused. As a child, I was fascinated with the clearance signs on bridges and frequently commented that "Clarence" was either growing or shrinking since the last time he was spotted. I am beginning to understand why I travel alone so often.

Old Jun 4, 2010, 6:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
1. People that put feet/socks/shoes on the bulkhead wall.

2. People that put feet/socks/shoes on your arm rest from the seat behind you.

3. Guys that piss on/and over the toilet seat.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
1. People that put feet/socks/shoes on the bulkhead wall.

2. People that put feet/socks/shoes on your arm rest from the seat behind you.

3. Guys that piss on/and over the toilet seat.
Sorry...ok..not really

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.