Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: American oneworld and Other Airline (Partner) Awards info, rules 2014 on

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: American oneworld and Other Airline (Partner) Awards info, rules 2014 on

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Who are "they"?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Austinrunner
Who are "they"?
I meant *A in this context. I haven't found a good free tool to check OW availability yet, hence why I was planning to break down and spring for KVS.

I have heard about CX opening up as time approaches, but that would be two awards because AA won't allow tranpac routing.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:38 am
Suspended

This is the AA forum, not the *A forum.

Try Award Nexus.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
I meant *A in this context. I haven't found a good free tool to check OW availability yet, hence why I was planning to break down and spring for KVS.
Have you tried the BA award booking tool? It is free and seems to work quite well
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:44 pm

cancel stopover, close in ticket fee on already ticketed award

Hope someone know the answer!

Will I be charged close in ticketing fee if I cancel a stopover on award that is already ticketed which will depart within the next 2 weeks?
That is, segment 1 stays the same and just move up the segment 2 to follow right after segment 1.

Thank you!
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by neuro0
Hope someone know the answer!

Will I be charged close in ticketing fee if I cancel a stopover on award that is already ticketed which will depart within the next 2 weeks?
That is, segment 1 stays the same and just move up the segment 2 to follow right after segment 1.

Thank you!
There is no fee for changing a ticketed award flight to another flight that is less than 21 days in the future. The close-in fee would apply if you change an already-ticketed award flight to another one that is less than 21 days from original ticketing date.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:49 pm

AA Award Ticket Question for Europe Travel

Trying to go IAD-WAW (stopover)-STR (dest)-IAD. Is this a legal routing? I couldnt figure out how to book this online it looks like the standard coach award.

Out of AB, AY and BA which would have the lowest taxes?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

AA's one-way awards do not permit stopovers anywhere, except at a North American gateway.

Taxes do not depend on the carriers you use, but rather on the airports/countries you pass through.

Surcharges are another matter. When redeeming AA miles, there are no surcharges for travel on AA, AB, or AY. Low surcharges on IB. Very high surcharges on BA long-haul flights.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:22 pm

This is not a one way ticket but roundtrip. How do stopovers work?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
This is not a one way ticket but roundtrip. How do stopovers work?
It may be a roundtrip itinerary, but AA no longer offers roundtrip awards. All of AA's zone-based awards are now one-ways; you can combine two (or more) one-way awards to get a roundtrip itinerary, a circle trip, etc. And AA's one-way awards do not permit any stopovers in Europe.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:58 pm
inY

According to http://onw.innosked.com/?show=MAP , I don't see a WAW-STR flight on any carrier. You could do WAW-TXL-STR on airberlin, which seems to be the only 2-flight option. Since it's not that far, it's probably cheapest with Avios.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As this pertains to the pre-merger American Airlines, it is being moved to that forum.

As noted in the Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING, questions and information pertaining to the existing AA or US operations should go in those forums as it will be quite some time before the two entities operate as a single airline.

Your understanding is appreciated.

/Moderator
Old Jan 10, 2014, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by inY
According to http://onw.innosked.com/?show=MAP , I don't see a WAW-STR flight on any carrier. You could do WAW-TXL-STR on airberlin, which seems to be the only 2-flight option. Since it's not that far, it's probably cheapest with Avios.
Avios? I don't have BA Avios only AA miles. Is there a way to convert those to avios? Which airline will have the least taxes between AY and AB?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:37 am

They're very advanced in Europe---they have trains. Buy two one-way awards.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
In case you're interested, here is some information about travelling by rail from Warsaw to Stuttgart. For the day I checked at random (next Monday), you can leave Warsaw at 9:55 AM and arrive in Stuttgart at 9:08 PM; one change of trains, at Berlin East (Berlin Ostbahnhof). A special fare of Euro 99 is currently available.

If you're not staying in Stuttgart itself, I can easily check train schedules to other cities in that area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.