Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: American oneworld and Other Airline (Partner) Awards info, rules 2014 on

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: American oneworld and Other Airline (Partner) Awards info, rules 2014 on

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shimon
Etihad only ticket to Etihad + BA ticket
vs
Etihad + BA ticket to Etihad only ticket.
Would need exact itin to opine (not dates of course-- Cities)
Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:14 am

Same cities. LHR-SYD vs LHR-SYD
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Same cities. LHR-SYD vs LHR-SYD
Unless things have changed, this will price as 2 awards and so you would need to redeposit the miles plus rebook using Europe-Middle East plus Middle East to South Pacific awards . Abu Dhabi was not listed as one of the 3rd region valid transit point exceptions for a Europe-South Pacific award

Mileage cost will be 50k/75k/100k in for economy/business/1st one way plus the $150 fee ( extra 5k/15k/20k miles over LHR-SYD )
Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:54 am

I'm pretty sure the rule was changed when Qatar was added to Oneworld.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I knew some rules regarding QR had changed , but wasn't aware of any EY rule changes. I could be wrong and it could be permitted
Old Dec 14, 2014, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I knew some rules regarding QR had changed , but wasn't aware of any EY rule changes. I could be wrong and it could be permitted
I was recently told that BKK-AUH-LHR would be 60k and BKK-DOH-LHR would be 52.5k so it seems the rules are still the same.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:24 am

Interesting.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:59 am
Suspended

Nope, was not.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:19 pm

1 All Partner Award or 2? S American Zone 2->2 traversing Zone 1 due to availability

Looking for some advice on this. Perhaps I may have correct information, but there is some significant complexity or subtlety throwing a wrench into its implementation.

Looking to book an AA All Partner 1-way award from VVI to CWB
There is a fare basis for this flight on TAM that routes VVI to ASU to GRU to CWB using both PZ (TAM Mercosur) and JJ (TAM) flight numbers. However there is no award availability (although it is available for purchase). Benefit of this route is that it stays within South America Zone 2. Had there been award availability, it would be 10k miles one-way.

The only award availability I can find routes VVI to LIM to GRU to CWB (on combinations of LAN and TAM). However, this represents a South America Zone 2 traverse to Zone 1 and back to Zone 2 and then prices out as two separate awards for 15k + 15k = 30k.

Given the large difference between 10k and 30k per direction, I am motivated to ensure this is correct. I have read elsewhere that "The number of awards assessed should be determined by the customer’s intentions. If the indirect routing is booked at the customer’s request, multiple awards should apply using Pricing Override Options – Force Fare Breakpoint. If the routing is booked based on lack of award availability on direct routes, then an exception may be made, allowing Sabre to price as one award."

I called and asked about this, but I was told 30k is correct. I understand that 30k is "correct," but is there a way to request the exception referenced above to arrivae at another "correct" mileage cost given that the origin / destination is available for purchase staying within Zone 2 (and if not for award availability, I would certainly just stay within Zone 2)?

Or. . . am I missing some other key fact? Is there an intricacy that the fare that prices on TAM uses both TAM and the regional TAM carriers (both JJ and PZ)?

For futher complexity, I also noted that the website for LAN does not price the route, but the website for TAM does price the route from VVI->CWB

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LaTam
Looking for some advice on this. Perhaps I may have correct information, but there is some significant complexity or subtlety throwing a wrench into its implementation.

There is a fare basis for this flight on TAM that routes VVI to ASU to GRU to CWB using both PZ (TAM Mercosur) and JJ (TAM) flight numbers. However there is no award availability (although it is available for purchase). Benefit of this route is that it stays within South America Zone 2. Had there been award availability, it would be 10k miles one-way.

The only award availability I can find routes VVI to LIM to GRU to CWB (on combinations of LAN and TAM). However, this represents a South America Zone 2 traverse to Zone 1 and back to Zone 2 and then prices out as two separate awards for 15k + 15k = 30k.

Given the large difference between 10k and 30k per direction, I am motivated to ensure this is correct. I have read elsewhere that "The number of awards assessed should be determined by the customer’s intentions. If the indirect routing is booked at the customer’s request, multiple awards should apply using Pricing Override Options – Force Fare Breakpoint. If the routing is booked based on lack of award availability on direct routes, then an exception may be made, allowing Sabre to price as one award."

I called and asked about this, but I was told 30k is correct. I understand that 30k is "correct," but is there a way to request the exception referenced above to arrivae at another "correct" mileage cost given that the origin / destination is available for purchase staying within Zone 2 (and if not for award availability, I would certainly just stay within Zone 2)?
That exception only is applied when the award is still within the rules (albeit not most direct routing)-- as in customer is not taking most direct route due to availability, -BUT- is never used to break the established rules of AAdv awards.

And, no, there is no appealing that.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

It's two awards. SA2 to SA2 does not permit any transit via SA1. Ever.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:44 am

Programs: UA
I booked a oneworld award ticket a few months ago that departs Wednesday morning. If I decide not to take this flight and change the dates to a couple months out from now, how late can I make a change to the date? My understanding is I can make this change anytime before the flight with no charge, but wanted to clarify here. Thanks.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by LaTam

As AAdvantage is still operating as a distinct programme, this question is being moved over to the relevant thread in the pre-merger American Airlines forum.

Please note the announcement at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: NEW AMERICAN / AA and US Pre-Merger FORUM STRUCTURE. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Dec 26, 2014, 8:58 pm

I was looking for an LAX-NRT in F in July, but couldn't find the dates I needed. However, CX does have availability LAX-HKG, can I do LAX-HKG-NRT? I know Asia 1 can be a stopover for Asia 2, but what about the reverse? Or will it be 2 awards?

Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by angrypenguin
I was looking for an LAX-NRT in F in July, but couldn't find the dates I needed. However, CX does have availability LAX-HKG, can I do LAX-HKG-NRT? I know Asia 1 can be a stopover for Asia 2, but what about the reverse? Or will it be 2 awards?

Thanks!
Two awards AFAIK. http://www.aa.com/i18n/disclaimers/a...rtnerChart.jsp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.