Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: American oneworld and Other Airline (Partner) Awards info, rules 2014 on

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: American oneworld and Other Airline (Partner) Awards info, rules 2014 on

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
One of AA's European partners is IB, which flies from several cities in the US to MAD and from there to many major European cities. Award flights on IB using AA miles cannot be booked online; they require a phone call to AA. But you can check IB's flight schedule online and then phone AA to see if award travel is available.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:16 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by R2134
I've read a little and learning but still somewhat lost. I'm just wondering if what is available via booking reward flights on AA.com is all that is available?

I've read some points blogs where they find routes on different flight reward partners, then call in to book those but they are all pretty dated.

I'm currently looking at booking one of two flights in business or first class. ORD to London, which I know has direct flights, but all I've seen available is via Houston or Tampa. Or NY to European city (just searching around) But it seems everything is through London with LONG layovers.

Is it possible to book a more efficient flight by searching and calling? Or just whatever is on the site?
As AAdvantage is still operating as a distinct programme, this question is being moved over to the relevant thread in the pre-merger American Airlines forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled PLEASE READ ME BEFORE POSTING! Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum!. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by R2134
I've read a little and learning but still somewhat lost. I'm just wondering if what is available via booking reward flights on AA.com is all that is available?
Only 8 of AA's partners are bookable with AA miles on aa.com.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/fragments/aad...paAirlines.jsp
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:16 am

Hello. I need help with my AA award booking on JAL. Would really appreciate any input here.

Currently, my flights are:

1) 11/7 JL032 from BKK to HND
2) 11/7 JL095 from HND to GMP (Seoul, Korea)

Both flights are in business class, and the two flights have a 2 hours and 15 minutes connection time. I have this booking on courtesy hold now, but it was priced out at 50,000 miles while I thought Asia 2 <-> Asia 1 is supposed to cost 30,000 miles. Does anyone know why it's being priced at 50K? and

A) can I change this exact itinerary to price at 30,000 miles OR
B) how can I make this trip cost 30,000 miles (I just have to leave BKK and get to Seoul on 11/7 or 11/8.

Thank you much!
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by doradee
Hello. I need help with my AA award booking on JAL. Would really appreciate any input here.

Currently, my flights are:

1) 11/7 JL032 from BKK to HND
2) 11/7 JL095 from HND to GMP (Seoul, Korea)

Both flights are in business class, and the two flights have a 2 hours and 15 minutes connection time. I have this booking on courtesy hold now, but it was priced out at 50,000 miles while I thought Asia 2 <-> Asia 1 is supposed to cost 30,000 miles. Does anyone know why it's being priced at 50K? and

A) can I change this exact itinerary to price at 30,000 miles OR
B) how can I make this trip cost 30,000 miles (I just have to leave BKK and get to Seoul on 11/7 or 11/8.

Thank you much!
Does JL publish a BKK-SEL through-fare in Business? If not, AA will (properly) price it as two awards.

If CX or MH has a published through-fare on the route, you can ask AA if there is award space on either of those two carriers instead.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
EU - HK, via SIN

I'm trying to find out if its possible to do EU-x/BKK (or KUL)-x/SIN-HKG?

Or is the stretch to either KUL/SIN too much?

Thank you
Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:16 pm

Searching AA awards bypassing LHR?

Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else but I'm trying to find award space from ORD-NBO on 12/28 and can find options on both the AA and BA website but both only show connections through LHR, which obviously jack up the fees due (not wanting to use all the miles PLUS $400-600 in fees). Does anyone know how I can search for availability that doesn't have connections through LHR? Even when I search it segment-by-segment (i.e. ORD-CDG then CDG-NBO) it still will route me through LHR. I know this is because of BA flights but how can I find all availability on partner airlines?
Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most partners awards are not available on aa.com, so call AA and get the agents working for you. Etihad and Qatar serve NBO from their hubs, so those are possibilities. Good luck.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by FWAAA
Most partners awards are not available on aa.com, so call AA and get the agents working for you. Etihad and Qatar serve NBO from their hubs, so those are possibilities. Good luck.
Routing via AUH on EY will require two awards (and will permit a stopover at AUH, if desired). Routing via DOH on QR should price as one award, but will not permit a stopover.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Going via LHR does not in itself cause an issue. Flying on BA longhaul is bad , but connecting in London does not cost that much
Old Sep 8, 2014, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
There's no APD to pay on flights not originating at LHR - so connecting at LHR will not attract the tax.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
IB award travel cannot be checked or booked on the AA website; a call to AA is necessary. IB's fees will be higher than AA's or AB's, but nowhere near as high as BA.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
You could also use KVS tool and just filter by allowable airlines, listing them all except BA.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JPG3392
IB award travel cannot be checked or booked on the AA website; a call to AA is necessary. IB's fees will be higher than AA's or AB's, but nowhere near as high as BA.
The OP would do well to focus on AAdvantage redemption partners that fly to NBO; IB doesn't (at least not next week).
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:33 am
Suspended

Lightbulb

The connection in DOH using QR is the best single award suggestion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.