Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: American oneworld and Other Airline (Partner) Awards info, rules 2014 on

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: American oneworld and Other Airline (Partner) Awards info, rules 2014 on

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by JDiver
Unfortunately, you would be required to use two awards for this routing.
It's not clear to me that the question was about award travel. It may be (and perhaps most likely is), but it might be good to for the poster to clarify that.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:47 pm
Suspended

This is an award thread......
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by Austinrunner
To clarify, my moderator colleague, JDiver, merged the OP's post/thread to this existing thread. It was a standalone post in the consolidated/parent AAdvantage forum before being merged, so it's a valid question. The OP *might* be referencing a revenue ticket. If the OP posts back, it will help us all to understand.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by miamigrad
Originally Posted by Austinrunner
To clarify, my moderator colleague, JDiver, merged the OP's post/thread to this existing thread. It was a standalone post in the consolidated/parent AAdvantage forum before being merged, so it's a valid question. The OP *might* be referencing a revenue ticket. If the OP posts back, it will help us all to understand.
What was the title of the other thread before it was merged into this one?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

What was the title of the other thread before it was merged into this one?
title was stopover question.

I was talking about an award ticket but would pay if it allowed the stopover.

I guess what I was wondering is: are domestic stopovers allowed by any airline?...it seems the answer is no for every one that I've checked....so I guess I can do a BA redemption and at least pay less miles for the 2 segments, and maybe book an AA award from LAS back to ATL for them....or do it all on southwest.
I always read about people taking advantage of international stopovers, I was unsure if it was possible to do it domestically.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 12:50 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I'm trying to find an award seat in J to Munich is September. I can get awards into HEL but when I add HEL-MUC on the same day as arrival aa.com wants to charge me for another J award at 20k miles each.

I know that I've done PRG-HEL-LHR-IAH before all on one award.

Should I call AA and will they fix the itinerary into one 50k award?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

Originally Posted by g1ant
I'm trying to find an award seat in J to Munich is September. I can get awards into HEL but when I add HEL-MUC on the same day as arrival aa.com wants to charge me for another J award at 20k miles each.

I know that I've done PRG-HEL-LHR-IAH before all on one award.

Should I call AA and will they fix the itinerary into one 50k award?
From what city are you starting? What is your routing from your starting point to HEL, and on which carriers?

XXX-HEL-MUC will price as a single award if and only if your "over-water" carrier has a published through-fare that permits your routing.

What award options do you get when you search for XXX-MUC?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 1:31 am

I'm starting in Austin. September 19th throws up AUS-ORD-YYZ on AA and then YYZ-HEL on AY. I can add HEL-MUC but its prices as two awards.

If I just ask for AUS-MUC it routes through TXL with the TATL flight on BA @ $500+ fuel surcharges.

I'm better swallowing the extra 20k miles rather than pay that.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 2:44 am
Suspended

Not all of AA's partners are covered by AA's online award booking engine. So you should call AA.

The AA partners serving MUC include AB, BA, LY, EY, AY, IB, HG, QR, RJ, S7, and US.

Last edited by Austinrunner; Feb 22, 2014 at 2:50 am
Old Feb 22, 2014, 3:50 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by wise2u
I was talking about an award ticket but would pay if it allowed the stopover.

I guess what I was wondering is: are domestic stopovers allowed by any airline?...it seems the answer is no for every one that I've checked....so I guess I can do a BA redemption and at least pay less miles for the 2 segments, and maybe book an AA award from LAS back to ATL for them....or do it all on southwest.
I always read about people taking advantage of international stopovers, I was unsure if it was possible to do it domestically.
OK, then this is the right place and you've been given good advice.

For paid tickets, it is determined by the fare rules, not a blanket airline policy. But you're right that many of AA's domestic fares do not allow stopovers.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
I'm starting in Austin. September 19th throws up AUS-ORD-YYZ on AA and then YYZ-HEL on AY. I can add HEL-MUC but its prices as two awards.

If I just ask for AUS-MUC it routes through TXL with the TATL flight on BA @ $500+ fuel surcharges.

I'm better swallowing the extra 20k miles rather than pay that.
Not sure what changed, but I just checked Sep. 19 AUS-MUC, and aa.com now shows the much better AUS-JFK-HEL-MUC routing available for 50k miles in J. Go back and grab it...
Old Feb 22, 2014, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Not sure what changed, but I just checked Sep. 19 AUS-MUC, and aa.com now shows the much better AUS-JFK-HEL-MUC routing available for 50k miles in J. Go back and grab it...
I'm seeing the availability (with a LGA/JFK connection) by I can only get it to cost is as two awards. One AUS to HEL and one HEL-MUC
Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
I'm seeing the availability (with a LGA/JFK connection) by I can only get it to cost is as two awards. One AUS to HEL and one HEL-MUC
Are you searching a simple one-way AUS-MUC or trying to piece it together searching multi-city AUS-HEL & HEL-MUC?

The multi-city search will price it as 2 awards.

A one-way search for AUS-MUC on Sep. 19 shows the AUS-JFK-HEL-MUC all as one award for 50k in J (in fact it's the only option in J for that date). No JFK-LGA transfer either.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:06 pm

I have booked ord-auh-bom for my family in EY business class. How much would it cost me for stopover in auh? Agent told me 25k + $150 to reinitiate points + $ 50 for new ticket. Is there any better way?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mak101
I have booked ord-auh-bom for my family in EY business class. How much would it cost me for stopover in auh? Agent told me 25k + $150 to reinitiate points + $ 50 for new ticket. Is there any better way?
that would be the gist of it-- the extra miles for the segment, the reinstatement fee for the miles, the telephone ticketing fee for the new tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.