Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Citi and Barclays Reduced Miles Award / Awards (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Citi and Barclays Reduced Miles Award / Awards (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2008, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, National Exec
Originally Posted by joelfreak
What are the cities!?
Sorry, I didn't get any more info than I needed for my tickets to New Orleans (Jambalaya!). Based on casual observation, most of the same US cities tend to be on the list from quarter to quarter. I doubt the list will look dramatically different from 3Q.

If you have a particular city or two you're interested in, I'm sure a helpful agent will let you know if there's any availability. Hopefully Citi gets the list up on the website soon.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:09 pm

Programs: NWA, Delta, Continental, American
Sorry for the newbie question, but does it matter where you're coming from on the reduced mileage awards?

Also, I am about to spend my threshold $750 on my new citibank card. Is there a waiting period before I can utilize the reduced mileage awards?

Thanks,
H
Old Sep 3, 2008, 10:28 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
C'mon Citi, publish the darn Q4 list already, will 'ya???
Old Sep 3, 2008, 10:41 am

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, s
The funny thing is that I was able to convince the agent to give me some of the destinations. Apparently they have been loaded in the AA system since the beginning of August.

Instead of the code being CBP183Q8 its CBP184Q8. (Not really rocket science)

I should of wrote them down but did not. I remember, key west, vancouver, memphis, toronto, halifax, nassau, marsh harbor, georgetown, st kitts, (Something in DR), and I guess I did not remember that much.

If there is something that was there in the last quarters, it might be worth calling and see if its available now.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt, Hertz President's Circle, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by phieaglefan
Sorry for the newbie question, but does it matter where you're coming from on the reduced mileage awards?

Also, I am about to spend my threshold $750 on my new citibank card. Is there a waiting period before I can utilize the reduced mileage awards?

Thanks,
H
I hope to answer your questions. Firstly, sometimes it can matter from where you are coming. There are 'destination awards' which can be used from anywhere as long as you travel to the desination that is specified. However, there exists also 'point to point awards' that are only to be used on specific routings such as LAX-SFO.

Secondly, it is my experience and belief that as long as you are the possessor of an account you can get the mileage award.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 2:16 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by JohnNova
... I remember, key west, vancouver, memphis, toronto, halifax, nassau, marsh harbor, georgetown, st kitts, (Something in DR), and I guess I did not remember that much.

If there is something that was there in the last quarters, it might be worth calling and see if its available now.
I called.

Q4. Here we go...

Specific routes:
ORD to: IAH, PHL, RDU, SNA, STL nonstop only
AUS-SJC

From the 48 US to:
ATL BHM BNA CLT CMH COS CVG Dayton DEN DTW ELP EYW FAT HSV IAD ICT IND JAX MEM MFE (McAllen, TX) MOB MSP MSY OKC OMA ORF ROW (Roswell, NM) SHV SLC TUL Traverse City Texarkana Tyler TYS Ft Walton Bch
XNA Halifax Ottawa Montreal YVR Calgary (some codes I did not know)

Caribbean:
Bermuda, Freeport, Marsh Harbor, Nassau, Port al Plata, St Kitts

MX: Aguadilla, Chihuahua, Monterey, Cabo, SLP, TRC (Torreon)

Central Am.: Bogota, what sounded like CLL...?, Guatemala, Lima, MDE (Medellin, Colombia), Managua, Port au Prince, St. Pedro (SAP), SJO

S. Am: EZE; Santiago; Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Asia: PVG (Shanghai)

No Europe.

Sorry about any misspellings...
Old Sep 3, 2008, 2:24 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

well good on you!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 2:56 pm

Did you happen to note if they are using the eff. Oct 1st base mileage requirements? I'm assuming so...
Old Sep 3, 2008, 3:24 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Thanks much! Already made a couple calls to friends to see if I can line up an ATL trip in Q4 then.

(I always feel guilty using miles instead of earning miles, but I'll just have hit my PLT threshold in Oct on paid flights - so I guess I can reward myself...)
Old Sep 3, 2008, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by alien
Did you happen to note if they are using the eff. Oct 1st base mileage requirements? I'm assuming so...
To answer my own question, having called, I got an interesting response. I was told, for example, that the coach Caribbean with the plat card is 17.5 off-peak and 27.5 peak. If this is indeed the case, then they have used the pre Oct 1st levels for Oct 1 - Nov 14th and then the new award levels for 11/15 through Dec 31st.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, Avis CC, AMX Plat, SVO
Naturally, I booked tickets to SJD about 3 weeks ago... , but at 27,500 for the coach tix (compared to 30k I used), it isn't worth reinstating and rebooking!

Thanks for the heads up on the locations, LGA! ^
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:56 am

Programs: NWA, Delta, Continental, American
I checked the website late last night and this morning. The 4th Quarter is listed, but it takes you to some strange link regarding payment processing Hopefully they'll straighten it out. In the meantime, thanks to those of you who took the time to post specifics.

To family friend, to answer your question, I'm smack dab in the middle of the lower 48 - OKC to be exact. Sorry, I should have qualified that first. And thanks for your answrers - I'm still new to this.
H
Old Sep 4, 2008, 7:16 am

Are the Citibank AA people lurking on this board too or is it just a coincidence that since I put up my post less than 24 hours ago, the fourth quarters results are now posted.

https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/c...?screenID=1213

Next time do it in August, LOL.

Old Sep 4, 2008, 7:19 am

oops to retract not posted yet....I guess almost done posted.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 8:14 am

-----

Last edited by JohnNova; Sep 4, 2008 at 8:16 am Reason: duplicate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.