FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Oct 8th AA908 EZE-MIA 11:15 p.m. departure: 3 or 2 class configuration? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1715482-oct-8th-aa908-eze-mia-11-15-p-m-departure-3-2-class-configuration.html)

Cupart Oct 8, 2015 6:06 pm

Oct 8th AA908 EZE-MIA 11:15 p.m. departure: 3 or 2 class configuration?

I was wondering if anyone could confirm if the flight from EZE to MIA is sold as a 2 class or 3 class configuration?

I know it's the old B772 seat config and I was quite sure this segment was either Y or J and not F!

The flight I'm querying is the 11:15 pm departure on the 8th of October from EZE to MIA.

Thanks

JDiver Oct 8, 2015 6:15 pm

Two class, J0.

Cupart Oct 8, 2015 6:35 pm

Thanks JDiver...

I have just been lied to by the AA checkin supervisor at EZE. This morning we had confirmed seats in row 3 as we're OW elites and at checkin we were moved to row 12 mid and then to row 13 (last row in J).

I was then told by the supervisor that the seats in row 3 were first class seats and I could no longer have these seats. I asked how much these tickets would cost me and I was told USD 8'000. I asked for a print out of this and she told me it was not possible either as they didn't have a printer.

So, what should I do now? Loosing battle I gather and maybe I just should stay clear of AA in the future?

ty97 Oct 8, 2015 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Cupart (Post 25538319)
Thanks JDiver...

I have just been lied to by the AA checkin supervisor at EZE. This morning we had confirmed seats in row 3 as we're OW elites and at checkin we were moved to row 12 mid and then to row 13 (last row in J).

Hold on before you are sure you have been lied to. AA908 is scheduled to be run with a two-class 772. However, there are very few of those and if something happens to one (mechanical, extreme delay) any equipment swap out would likely result in a 3-class 772 substitution. The seat map on AA.com errors out right now which suggests a potential change as well.

The last row of the 777-200 two-class is row 12. Row 13 is MCE coach. Business in the NGBC 3-class 777-200s runs through row 13. So if you have been moved to Rows 12 and 13 in Business, it looks like you will be on a 3-class plane despite AA's original plan to run a 2-class plane on this route. (What seat letters do you have? That might give it away).

AA.com says your incoming equipment flew AA953. Someone may be able to identify what aircraft flew that route and whether or not it has been retrofit.

I am surmising the above based on what I can see on-line, so I could be incorrect. Would be interested in knowing what actually happened after you board/fly.

Cupart Oct 8, 2015 7:13 pm

The supervisor confirmed it was the old configuration and that the two seats in row 3 that I had reserved through AA.com was now first class seats... JDiver confirmed that this in deed is a two class selling flight with no first so I have been bolloxed by the AA supervisor at EZE to just get rid of me :td:

The registration is N777NA...

PS. Yes row 12 is the last row on the retrofit as we got these on AA909 a few weeks ago (top notch btw)

JonNYC Oct 8, 2015 8:51 pm

Unless I'm missing something obvious, I'd say it's pretty clear that there's zero chance that at the last minute they decided to sell F (regardless of if they substituted a 3-cabin 777 (the "777 rebrand" system)) and that if that was said, was a mistruth.

JDiver Oct 8, 2015 9:08 pm

Some of the EZE folks - in all positions - have their wheels turning, but their hamsters are dead. From ticket counter to immigration to the idiot on the EOD squad who drew the short straw and stripped out of his body armor to pants and shoes to face a potential bomb.

Hopefully someone else can sort this and this is an aircraft with thirteen rows in front of MCE. I took my info from EF, btw, and they certainly were not selling First on this flight.

iadisgreat Oct 9, 2015 6:27 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 25538739)
Some of the EZE folks - in all positions - have their wheels turning, but their hamsters are dead. From ticket counter to immigration to the idiot on the EOD squad who drew the short straw and stripped out of his body armor to pants and shoes to face a potential bomb.

Hopefully someone else can sort this and this is an aircraft with thirteen rows in front of MCE. I took my info from EF, btw, and they certainly were not selling First on this flight.

Sorry, what's the issue? OP was ticketed in business and received a business seat. Where did any employee err?

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 25538696)
Unless I'm missing something obvious, I'd say it's pretty clear that there's zero chance that at the last minute they decided to sell F (regardless of if they substituted a 3-cabin 777 (the "777 rebrand" system)) and that if that was said, was a mistruth.

Based on the evidence provided, it seems as if AA decided no one was going to sit in rows 1-4.

JonNYC Oct 9, 2015 7:37 am

Originally Posted by iadisgreat (Post 25539788)
Based on the evidence provided, it seems as if AA decided no one was going to sit in rows 1-4.

Therein lies the mistruth (be it that they didn't use those seats at all -or- if they did but put different pax in them) that suddenly those were being sold as F. Certainly not a big deal, overall, but I can understand the agrivation about being lied to-- far more so if these seat -were- occupied by -other- J-pax (and/or, of course, non-revs.)

fedechat Oct 9, 2015 8:00 am

Hey guys, lets to clarify something based on my own experience ;-)

The last flight from EZE (AA908) is sold as a 2 class because every two days that flight is covered with a 772 retrofit plane. When they confirm that no retrofit will be used, they will start selling F seats (around T24, last minute and just 1 seat). You may get a seat on the first row (First cabin), but around T24, they will move you back to the Business cabin, then they will upgrade those who are applying eVip or paying F seats. Sometimes they will just block those seats and the First cabin will fly empty.

I took this route a couple weeks ago, I flew 909 on a Friday and 908 on a Tuesday, I knew that at least one leg will be on a retrofit plane. The outbound was on the old 772, I paid for Y and applied my eVip on both legs... then around T24 they upgraded me to First, I didn't pay attention to this, thinking it was going to be a J service but just seated in F cabin, that's why I didn't use the Flagship at MIA, then I found I was flying in F with a real F service from AA (PJs included).
On the inbound I flew the retrofit plane, which was good because I really want to try this seats and as we know, there are only 5 planes with this configuration.

If you think I'm giving you the wrong information, you can now check on AA.com, MIA-EZE 909 for today is served by the old 772 plane (N765AN), you can buy a First Class seat at the moment and if you buy a J ticket, you will not be able to select the row 1-4.

Fed

iadisgreat Oct 9, 2015 8:48 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 25540037)
Therein lies the mistruth (be it that they didn't use those seats at all -or- if they did but put different pax in them) that suddenly those were being sold as F. Certainly not a big deal, overall, but I can understand the agrivation about being lied to-- far more so if these seat -were- occupied by -other- J-pax (and/or, of course, non-revs.)

Well, as I said, based on the evidence provided...

MsEverywhere Oct 9, 2015 8:54 am

Originally Posted by fedechat (Post 25540117)
The last flight from EZE (AA908) is sold as a 2 class because every two days that flight is covered with a 772 retrofit plane. When they confirm that no retrofit will be used, they will start selling F seats (around T24, last minute and just 1 seat). You may get a seat on the first row (First cabin), but around T24, they will move you back to the Business cabin, then they will upgrade those who are applying eVip or paying F seats. Sometimes they will just block those seats and the First cabin will fly empty.

That's what happened to me in August on MIA-EZE. We had seats in the front cabin until some time T-10 hours. We got moved back to the J cabin.

JonNYC Oct 9, 2015 9:20 am

Originally Posted by iadisgreat (Post 25540335)
Well, as I said, based on the evidence provided...

Absolutely, your post certainly clears it up! Thanks for the correction.

JDiver Oct 9, 2015 9:26 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 25540477)
Absolutely, your post certainly clears it up! Thanks for the correction.

Amazing, isn't it, we can find more substance and real information here than from some agents in EZE who claim there's F and it costs $8,000 more on that flight. :p

upinsmoke Oct 9, 2015 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by fedechat (Post 25540117)
MIA-EZE 909 for today is served by the old 772 plane (N765AN), you can buy a First Class seat at the moment and if you buy a J ticket, you will not be able to select the row 1-4.

Fed

That's really interesting. Yes, EF shows F3 for today's AA909, but shows 2-class for the future. I wonder how many F seats they sell on the day of the flight. Obviously if they sell just 1 at walk-up price, it justifies all this rigamarole they are doing with those seats.