FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Oversold domestic F? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1715370-oversold-domestic-f.html)

chuck1 Oct 8, 2015 11:13 am

Oversold domestic F?

There is one sell left for sell on AA2300 Oct. 13 DFW-DCA in first class but nothing on the seat map for selection.

What does that mean?

fedechat Oct 8, 2015 11:57 am

Maybe one seat is blocked or they know someone will not make it, but AFAIK, AA don't oversell F seats.

VickiSoCal Oct 8, 2015 12:15 pm

6E is showing open.

Mark_T Oct 8, 2015 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal (Post 25536622)
6E is showing open.

That is true, but it is now showing F2 so still one seat short...

I have seen similar oddities when FAMs are involved.

No idea if that is what is happening here but when a seat is occupied but the inventory doesn't go down straight away it is a possible cause.

One way or another it is not a problem at this stage and will probably get fixed overnight.

chuck1 Oct 8, 2015 4:38 pm

I promise it was F1 with no seat on the map earlier today!

SFO777 Oct 8, 2015 4:50 pm

A little OT but... strange thing last Tuesday on my DFW-PIT flight. Guy in front of me boards and gets an error beep at the door with screen showing DUPE SEAT. We both had 6E. After telling the other GA, he got 3E and I kept my 6E. Not sure how that one happened.

chuck1 Oct 8, 2015 7:31 pm

Now shows F2 but 1 seat open on the map (6E).
Odd.

josmul123 Oct 14, 2015 2:21 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 25537998)
A little OT but... strange thing last Tuesday on my DFW-PIT flight. Guy in front of me boards and gets an error beep at the door with screen showing DUPE SEAT. We both had 6E. After telling the other GA, he got 3E and I kept my 6E. Not sure how that one happened.

Did you get 6E post-checkin? I think it's possible the other PAX had 6E after checkin before you, but went to aa.com and changed his seat without getting a new boarding pass?

SFO777 Oct 14, 2015 7:31 am

Originally Posted by josmul123 (Post 25562187)
Did you get 6E post-checkin? I think it's possible the other PAX had 6E after checkin before you, but went to aa.com and changed his seat without getting a new boarding pass?

Now that you mention it, it was actually the other way around. I had changed my seat to 6E on the AA app a few hours before the flight and well after I had OLCI'd. Thought it strange at the time since I have never been able to change seats on my own after check-in. The other pax had a paper BP and when GA scanned his BP, my name popped up on the screen with the DUPE BP message and error warning.