FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AA.com glitch with courtesy holds? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1714630-aa-com-glitch-courtesy-holds.html)

DCAorBust Oct 5, 2015 12:28 pm

AA.com glitch with courtesy holds?

I've been trying since yesterday to place a hold on a couple of award seats on AA-operated flights using AA.com. No love. Keeps coming back telling me that "This feature is currently unavailable. Please wait a few moments and try again."

Anyone else experiencing this?

miles_navigator Oct 5, 2015 12:47 pm

I didn't hit this problem and put several tickets on hold the last few days.

I think there was similar post last week and someone suggested using a different browser.

MaineFlyer16 Oct 5, 2015 1:37 pm

Any chance you are trying to book an AAnytime award on a mixed cabin itinerary (I.e. first class and business class on a transcon)? Kept getting that error when trying to book KOA-LAX-JFK-BOS. The LAX-JFK portion was not screwing it up because it has 3 classes.

HouFly Oct 5, 2015 6:13 pm

yeah what exactly is the itin you're trying to put together. I get that error every now and then. its annoying, sometimes its persistent but usually resolves itself in an hour max.

discoverCSG Oct 5, 2015 7:49 pm

I signed into the AA mobile app this morning and found:

every itinerary I'd held and not purchased over the past couple months, listed right there along with my ticketed flights.

sdsearch Oct 5, 2015 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by DCAorBust (Post 25521218)
I've been trying since yesterday to place a hold on a couple of award seats on AA-operated flights using AA.com. No love. Keeps coming back telling me that "This feature is currently unavailable. Please wait a few moments and try again."

Anyone else experiencing this?

I experienced something different (yet similar) a few weeks ago (on a paid flight, not an award flight). The new Citi AA Plat MC card I wanted to use for my flight didn't arrive by a Thursday (the last day for some good fares some weeks), as (re)promised by Citi, and so I wanted to put it on Hold until Friday after my mail arrived in hopes that I would have that card by then. The first time I tried to book I didn't get a Hold button at all, just the other buttons. Then after futzing with it some, it told me I had timed out, so I had to start all over again. Luckily the second time I got through the process to the payment page, it did have a Hold button, and I was able to Hold until the next day. And I did end up getting the card I wanted to pay with the next day, so it all worked out.

But anyway, yes, the Hold button can be temporarily flaky at times.

DCAorBust Oct 5, 2015 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16 (Post 25521618)
Any chance you are trying to book an AAnytime award on a mixed cabin itinerary (I.e. first class and business class on a transcon)? Kept getting that error when trying to book KOA-LAX-JFK-BOS. The LAX-JFK portion was not screwing it up because it has 3 classes.

Nice guess. That is exactly what I was doing. JFK>LAX>OGG

Biz to LAX and F to OGG.

Danwriter Oct 12, 2015 8:08 am

Originally Posted by discoverCSG (Post 25523035)
I signed into the AA mobile app this morning and found:

every itinerary I'd held and not purchased over the past couple months, listed right there along with my ticketed flights.

It's been that way for a long time. You need to go in and clean it out manually, using the cancel link.

JDiver Oct 12, 2015 11:24 am

Call. If it can't be booked online, there's no fee; you can put on hold, or purchase.

pharmalady Oct 12, 2015 7:21 pm

I put one on hold yesterday and when I went to pay for it this morning, the dates were completely different than the printout that I held. And the price had gone up $400. I called and faxed the original screen print to a number they gave to me, and finally they were able to straighten it out.

The ExPlat desk told me that yesterday's Southwest problem caused some "issues". They are starting to sound like United.