Flying to [Moscow,] Russia from LAX?

Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Flying to [Moscow,] Russia from LAX?

I am lost on this and have a question if you have recently flown or have recommendation flight route to Russia from LAX (preferred) or US. (round trip either end of December or end of may in 2016)

I want to fly American or it's partners preferrably from LAX to Moscow. I don't mind stops, but the thing is the fares with American are so ridiculous comparing to Delta and it's partners.

1. What is the best route option for me would be with American or it's partners? ( I don't mind connecting from somewhere just to get a little cheaper fare. I want to fly American (switched from delta).

2. What is the best website or something that you use if you don't mind sharing?
google flights is good but for multiple stops I get confused a bit.

Thank you so much for your help!!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:42 am
int

Without knowing where or when you are trying to fly, I can't help much. But I think your best options are via British Airways / American. You do not need to book using the multicity tool on Google flights. Just enter LAX as your origin and wherever your destination is as your destination. On Google Flights you can sort by Oneworld airlines, and it will automatically give you your options with the necessary stops. It is probably a lot more expensive if you are trying to book this as a multicity
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:46 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

American & BA: LAX-LHR-SVU
American & S2: LAX-NRT-VKO-MOW
Old Oct 4, 2015, 2:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Connecting at LHR onward to BA is probably the best bet. You're guaranteed (at the moment) full earn on even the cheapest fares, and there's a good amount of lift on multiple flights per day both between LAX and LHR, and LHR and DME, which is good insurance in case of flight disruptions.

Other AA partners which fly to Moscow: Iberia fly MAD-DME, Finnair fly HEL-SVO, Air Berlin fly DUS-DME, Etihad fly AUH-DME, JAL fly NRT-DME, Qatar Airways fly DOH-DME and Royal Jordanian fly AMM-DME.

Of all of these options, I think Air Berlin, Qatar Airways, Iberia, Etihad, JAL and British Airways currently serve or have announced service to both Moscow and Los Angeles, giving the potential for a one-stop journey (though I've not verified that flight times and connections actually work). Note that Etihad is not a member of oneworld and therefore EQM earning and elite benefits will be worse than on the others–that said, many oneworld airlines have limited or non-existing EQM earning on cheaper fares as well so pay close attention in any event.

Last edited by Microwave; Oct 4, 2015 at 2:35 am
Old Oct 4, 2015, 10:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
No EQM/EQP on Etihad unless flown as AA codeshare, which usually implies connecting from or to AA.

Iberia LAX-MAD-DME should be good, though the OP says "Russia" and Russia is fairly large. (Title amended.)

(AA 77W to LHR and BA onward, if one can fly in J or F, would be a good ride.)

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 5, 2015 at 10:26 am
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:54 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
I would look at Finnair to SVO. I am seeing end of May for ~$1100r/t. Two stops, though (in Jfk and HEL). All AY flights earn 100% EQM.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
You can also consider LAX-HKG in CX (or via DFW to HKG on AA). Then you can jump on SU for the flight to SVO.

Or S7 via DOH to DME. Try LAX-ORD/DFW/JFK-DOH-DME.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by JDiver
Iberia LAX-MAD-DME should be good, though the OP says "Russia" and Russia is fairly large.
Originally Posted by RichardB4
I want to fly American or it's partners preferrably from LAX to Moscow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.