AA flying JFK-SXM?

Old Oct 3, 15, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

AA flying JFK-SXM?

About a month ago I booked through AA.com JFK-SXM nonstop on flight 1596. Booking still looks intact, however when trying to book another ticket on the same flight, and also later checking the flight schedule this flight doesnt seem to exist anymore. Worried that AA might have cancelled the flight without notifying me.
Old Oct 3, 15, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Could be. You don't specify a travel date but AA's own schedules - except for Saturday night updates - are pretty reliable. AA commonly waits until about 30 days before flight to notify travelers. FTers commonly start a new thread when they discover a schedule change, as if such a thing has never happened to them before.
Old Oct 3, 15, 4:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by B747forever View Post
About a month ago I booked through AA.com JFK-SXM nonstop on flight 1596. Booking still looks intact, however when trying to book another ticket on the same flight, and also later checking the flight schedule this flight doesnt seem to exist anymore. Worried that AA might have cancelled the flight without notifying me.
What did AA say when you called to ask? Isn't that the only way to be sure?
Old Oct 3, 15, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL DM; AA EXP, 1MM
OP, what's your travel date?

I believe this is a seasonal route and AA sometimes adjusts the seasonal start/end dates. Checking a random week in January (week of January 10), I see AA1596 on the schedule and available for sale but it only operates Sunday, Monday, Saturday. If you have a ticket for another day of the week, it's possible AA trimmed the service.
Old Oct 3, 15, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA
Yes it still exists. We just had a thread yesterday about it being downgraded from a 767 to 757, at least on that person's date. Perhaps your date is also in the middle of a plane downgrade or something similar.
Old Oct 3, 15, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL DM; AA EXP, 1MM
Originally Posted by wrp96 View Post
Yes it still exists. We just had a thread yesterday about it being downgraded from a 767 to 757, at least on that person's date. Perhaps your date is also in the middle of a plane downgrade or something similar.
Good point. It is Saturday, and we know AA's Saturday schedule loads cause strange things to happen (flights disappear / reappear, etc). OP, check again tomorrow to see the flight is still missing for your date.
Old Oct 3, 15, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, RC/MR/SPG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by wrp96 View Post
767s are newer equipment to SXM. This is the first I've heard of anything to SXM being regularly scheduled on a 767. MIA-SXM has been significantly scaled back over the past decade or so, so perhaps there's need for more lift from somewhere else?
Old Oct 3, 15, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
A number of years ago I owned a condo in SXM. Used to fly BOS-SJU-SXM. Then B6 started flying nonstops. In recent years, AA has substantially ceded the Caribbean to B6, with major cutbacks in service. Maybe this is a start of reversing that trend?
Old Oct 4, 15, 12:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage GLD, DL Silver. SPG, Hyatt, ATK, IHG Gold
My res for late Jan. still exists.
Old Oct 4, 15, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Sorry, flight is on DEC30 in J.

From seat map it looks like it might be operated by a intl configured 757.

Just tried to book another ticket on the same date and it comes up now. Really strange as it was not there last night.
Old Oct 4, 15, 10:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT
Originally Posted by B747forever View Post
Sorry, flight is on DEC30 in J.

From seat map it looks like it might be operated by a intl configured 757.

Just tried to book another ticket on the same date and it comes up now. Really strange as it was not there last night.
All 757s on JFK-Caribbean (and Caracas) are 75L.

Search this Thread