I use the F lav when seated in economy and feel no shame or guilt

Old Oct 3, 15, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
I use the F lav when seated in economy and feel no shame or guilt

Because it's absolutely ridiculous that there are only two lavs for over 130 people on the AA 737. When the drink cart starts, there's no humanly possible way for me to get around it to get to the lav. Even when you sneer at me, Mr and Mrs 6B and E, I'm sorry, it's not you, it's them. Especially when the FA leaves the curtain open for the whole flight, and I'm just sitting there in 8C staring at the green lav light....
Old Oct 3, 15, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Explat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by mikekelley View Post
Because it's absolutely ridiculous that there are only two lavs for over 130 people on the AA 737. When the drink cart starts, there's no humanly possible way for me to get around it to get to the lav. Even when you sneer at me, Mr and Mrs 6B and E, I'm sorry, it's not you, it's them. Especially when the FA leaves the curtain open for the whole flight, and I'm just sitting there in 8C staring at the green lav light....
If the FA's don't do anything about it, then there's really no problem.
Old Oct 3, 15, 10:51 am

This is explicitly allowed on domestic flights, so I'm not entirely sure what the issue is here.
Old Oct 3, 15, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rjw242 View Post
This is explicitly allowed on domestic flights, so I'm not entirely sure what the issue is here.
Really?! Learn something new every day. Judging by some of the previous posts on the topic you'd think I was committing a terrible sin.
Old Oct 3, 15, 11:20 am

Programs: Airline Agnostic, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis likes me
... Even when you sneer at me, Mr and Mrs 6B and E, I'm sorry, it's not you, it's them. ...
First and foremost-Thank you so much for sharing!

Secondly, perhaps your fly was unzipped, or you had TP on your shoe?
Old Oct 3, 15, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP/3MM
Even though it's allowed, it's not cool. The FAs are always willing to move the cart to allow one to visit the lav. The "2 lavs for 130 pax" is a red herring since I rarely see lines outside the Y lavs on domestic flights.

Since it's explicitly allowed (dunno what genius was responsible for that change) I can't really complain, but I do have a beef with Y pax lining up in the F cabin to use the F lav. Wait behind the curtain (physical or imaginary) until the lav is free, and recognize that F pax have priority.

I personally would not do it because I think it's cheesy, unless it's an emergency situation (which thankfully hasn't happened to me yet).

I generally don't sneer. Spitting is more satisfying and sends a stronger message.

<dons asbestos suit>
Old Oct 3, 15, 11:42 am

I, for one, don't care one bit where you pee. If the cart's in the aisle, what else are you supposed to do? I'm not going to sit in F and judge you for using the lav up front. Everyone's gotta go.

Domestic F is about having a bigger seat, dedicated overhead space and being able to get off the plane quickly. The food's bad, I don't care if they put linens on the plastic trays after they microwave my TV dinner and I certainly don't piss a circle around the front lav.
Old Oct 3, 15, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT, WN A List, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz 5*
Domestically, it is allowed. Since I don't get upgraded all of the time and would be in the first few economy rows otherwise, if it is not being used, I'll go up past the curtain.

Since AA is rather unique in this policy, it is an "only those in the know" situation. You are allowed to queue behind the curtain if needed. I get it that F passengers don't like the situation, but I've decided the airline has made the decision of access (and reinforced it after the merger). If someone feels that lowers the F experience, they are welcome to pick another carrier.

Rasheed
Old Oct 3, 15, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold, UA LT 1K, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
It is not allowed on International flights - they claim security. Not sure why they don't make the same claim for domestic. UA tends to enforce F only lav for F.
Old Oct 3, 15, 1:27 pm

because it's absolutely ridiculous that there are only two lavs for over 130 people on the aa 737. When the drink cart starts, there's no humanly possible way for me to get around it to get to the lav. Even when you sneer at me, mr and mrs 6b and e, i'm sorry, it's not you, it's them. Especially when the fa leaves the curtain open for the whole flight, and i'm just sitting there in 8c staring at the green lav light....
You monster!!!

Though normally I wouldn't allow it, but if there is a cart in the aisle then fine. But if the aisle is free, please go back.
Old Oct 3, 15, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL PLAT, IC AMB
Ya gotta go when ya gotta go! I won't get in your way!
Old Oct 3, 15, 1:55 pm

There should be a fluid waste sample required from all passengers before boarding. Then, when you use the lav, the toilet should be able to identify whether you're using the proper facility for your ticket. If you choose wrongly, a trap door would open beneath your feet. I'll leave it to the board to decide whether the chute should direct lav-cheaters to the cargo hold or to jettison them from the aircraft.
Old Oct 3, 15, 2:22 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG
Here is an enhancement idea: For $15, you can purchase an Any Lavatory Pass which would allow you to use any lavatory onboard, F or Y.
Old Oct 3, 15, 2:29 pm
Suspended

This pretty much sums it up -

Old Oct 3, 15, 3:13 pm

Using f lav is not an issue, its forming a line through f aisle from y cabin to f lav that's a problem.

Search this Thread