AA @ EWR : TSA Precheck?

Old Sep 27, 15, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT

I have read conflicting information from the TSA's website about whether AA participates in Precheck at EWR. Any info?

Thanks!
Old Sep 27, 15, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ZKrunk View Post
I have read conflicting information from the TSA's website about whether AA participates in Precheck at EWR. Any info?

Thanks!
Yes, AA/US have PreCheck at EWR Term. A.
Old Sep 27, 15, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I was through EWR a few months back and have Pre-Check. From what I recall they did not have any separate lanes setup. I was given a Pre-Check card that allowed me to keep my shoes on. I think I still had to take the laptop out of my bag.

I'm not sure if this is the norm for EWR but if so it's pretty surprising for a large airport.
Old Sep 28, 15, 9:33 am
Moderator, Amtrak

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
They now have a full blown pre check lane at the AA gates of terminal A. Its off to the right side of the checkpoint. The line starts basically right under the monitors. (It will make sense when your standing there.)
Old Sep 28, 15, 10:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
The pre-check line at EWR is not always open, however, and sometimes you are directed to the regular line with the ability to leave your shoes on.
Old Sep 29, 15, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by LucWise View Post
The pre-check line at EWR is not always open, however, and sometimes you are directed to the regular line with the ability to leave your shoes on.
The hours for the dedicated pre-check line are both short and unpredictable. I used EWR three times in 10 days earlier this month, and each time I was there, I asked the TSA supervisor on duty at the time the hours that pre-check was open at the concourse AA uses, and each time I got a different response.

In other words, even if your boarding pass says you are eligible for pre-check, assume it will take as long to clear security as it would if you didn't have pre-check, and plan accordingly.
Old Sep 29, 15, 10:53 am

When I flew in earlier in the month, I asked the agent who was checking ID's if they had PreCheck so that I'd know how to pack on the return. She looked at me like I was stupid and said of course they did. I could tell her answer was in response to me asking if they has security check.

When I flew home, the PreCheck lane was closed. Only benefit was getting to keep on my shoes. EWR's way of also dealing with priority lanes was if the regular lane was backed up, just add them to the priority lane. No benefit to having any sort of airline status or first class.
Old Oct 2, 15, 10:02 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT

No idea what the hours of real PreCheck is at EWR. Other times it is PreCheck lite.

On Sunday afternoon, the PreCheck signage wasn't even there at the entrance leading to the document checkers.

Search this Thread