FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Help- ticketed on American and stranded by Delta leg (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1712536-help-ticketed-american-stranded-delta-leg.html)

bakablonde Sep 26, 2015 1:40 am

Help- ticketed on American and stranded by Delta leg

I booked a one way ticket from JNU to BWI on AA. The first leg of the flight is from JNU-SEA on Delta, originally at 6:27 AM tomorrow morning. I just got a text that the flight is delayed until 1:12PM. This will cause me to miss all my connecting American flights. I called AA about it and they said that Delta has to "protect me" and it's up to Delta to get me to Baltimore.
I called Delta and they said they can't do a thing because the ticket originated on AA so it's their problem.
Who is right? Both airlines are denying any responsibility here, leaving me stranded in Seattle tomorrow. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Exec_Plat Sep 26, 2015 6:01 am

Delta is responsible.

What I would do (well, Id call my travel agent)

I would find the flights I need on DL or AA, and book them- fully refundable fare. If you must, buy it. Then show up EARLY at JNU and demand DL figure out how to get you on those flights. TAKE NAMES. (Id record refusals to accomodate, but thats me. A law breaker).

While DL and AA have stopped their interline agreement, my understanding is they must honor it for tickets purchased before 9/17. Was yours? (With a DL flight on AA ticket stock I assume so.)

Figure out your flight options from JNU to BWI..do this YOURSELF. Know the flights, times, numbers, etc. They must reaccomodate you. DL is very bad witht this. If they refuse, Id consider flying the new replacement paid ticket and go after them for the $$ later

This is Delta's problem. They WANT to screw you, get you to SEA and dump it onto AA. You are precisely the horror story many predicted after 9/17

JonNYC Sep 26, 2015 7:26 am

Originally Posted by bakablonde (Post 25480250)
I booked a one way ticket from JNU to BWI on AA. The first leg of the flight is from JNU-SEA on Delta, originally at 6:27 AM tomorrow morning. I just got a text that the flight is delayed until 1:12PM. This will cause me to miss all my connecting American flights. I called AA about it and they said that Delta has to "protect me" and it's up to Delta to get me to Baltimore.
I called Delta and they said they can't do a thing because the ticket originated on AA so it's their problem.
Who is right? Both airlines are denying any responsibility here, leaving me stranded in Seattle tomorrow. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Two things:

1. TWITTER

2. I'd like to offer you some guidance and advice via Private Message here, pleas PM me if you see this in time and I'll try and help a bit.

bakablonde Sep 26, 2015 12:10 pm

Well, finally got AA to give me a different confirmation number I could give to Delta that they recognized, and they finally routed me out all the way home on their planes over the course of two days. I'll be stuck overnight in Seattle but will get home. One other thing I'm wondering now that I'm entirely on Delta metal all the way back, do I still get AA miles? My Delta flights show on AA still.
Thanks for all the help!

brewdog11 Sep 26, 2015 9:31 pm

I lived this horror story when I took a VDB on an int'l itinerary. USE SOCIAL MEDIA. AA's Twitter account saved my trip!

DL employees at the airport were all clueless in what to do (it's amazing what I heard that day) and the AA airport employees were trying to help as much as possible, but the AA social media team told me all of the "magic words" to tell DL and AA employees to get my trip back on track.

Print everything out. It is vital that you have a hard copy of all your documents. Good luck!

EDIT TO ADD:

Whoops, looks like you got it all sorted out! Regarding your AA miles, give AAdvantage Customer Service a phone call or write them through AA's website. They may give you Original Routing Credit for your flights before you ended up on all DL metal.

JDiver Sep 26, 2015 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by bakablonde (Post 25481784)
Well, finally got AA to give me a different confirmation number I could give to Delta that they recognized, and they finally routed me out all the way home on their planes over the course of two days. I'll be stuck overnight in Seattle but will get home. One other thing I'm wondering now that I'm entirely on Delta metal all the way back, do I still get AA miles? My Delta flights show on AA still.
Thanks for all the help!

That can probably be done, as you purchased your ticket from AA. See:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html