Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can AA keep affording to fly their 773 to GRU?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA, HH
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
If the part of the plane under where you sit your poto is heavy with exports to the USA, it will continue to fly.
I love how people only think about the pax, the 777-300er is a HUGE cargo aircraft. It is one of the reasons that pure air cargo companies are hurting these days. The 777-300er can carry massive amounts of cargo and that does make money for AAcargo.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by itchief
I love how people only think about the pax, the 777-300er is a HUGE cargo aircraft. It is one of the reasons that pure air cargo companies are hurting these days. The 777-300er can carry massive amounts of cargo and that does make money for AAcargo.
But the OP's argument was based on the economic downturn affecting Brazil. This affects cargo just as much (if not more) as pax.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1 Million Miles, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Platinum, AA Citi Exec, Hilton Aspire, Bilt
Originally Posted by NickB
Quote:

Originally Posted by itchief

But the OP's argument was based on the economic downturn affecting Brazil. This affects cargo just as much (if not more) as pax.
The BRL currency devaluation may be a POSITIVE development for ex GRU cargo. Brasil exports commodities sold in USD so exporters gain from a currency devaluation. That being said I'm not sure which, if any of Brasil's commodities (coffee, sugar, OJ, soy, beef) are shipped via air freight.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ijgordon
To GRU? Most of the availability I was seeing via the calendar was actually to VCP (which may or may not matter).
It makes a huge difference. Flying through GRU, there are a ton of connecting flights to get elsewhere in Latin America - options are much more limited through VCP (basically Brasilia) on Tam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.