On-line check-in fail after flight change

Old Sep 17, 15, 8:07 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: SW A List Preferred

Does this happen to anyone else? Nearly 100% of the time if I make a change to a ticketed reservation it breaks the ability to check-in online (app or web). My flights are always booked by a company TA and it doesn't seem to matter if I go through them or call AA myself, online check-in won't work. Very frustrating.
Old Sep 17, 15, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I would bet (but not 100% sure) that the e-ticket coupon isn't being connected properly to the changed flight.
Old Sep 17, 15, 9:36 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE

I've never had that problem and I change flights all the time. My online check-in issues always occur when I have multiple carriers in the same record and each carriers records can "see" the other carriers flights. I have taken to having my TA create completely separate itineraries so that doesn't happen any more.
Old Sep 18, 15, 6:11 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, UA Gold/1MM, AA GLD
I continually have an issue with this as well. AA has an issue with not always re ticketing the right way after upgrade clears, confirmed same day change. More than 1/2 Of the time, the airport check in agent needs to reissue it on the spot.
Old Sep 18, 15, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by harold View Post
Does this happen to anyone else? Nearly 100% of the time if I make a change to a ticketed reservation it breaks the ability to check-in online (app or web). My flights are always booked by a company TA and it doesn't seem to matter if I go through them or call AA myself, online check-in won't work. Very frustrating.
Yes to all the above on TA issued tickets.

No if the ticket was originally from aa.com and changed by AA.

I asked the check in agent why I was having trouble and her response was she had to "answer a security question". I don't always trust such answer so take it with a grain of salt.
Old Sep 18, 15, 11:58 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: SW A List Preferred
I do have to give kudos to AAs Twitter team. I tweeted the issue and they quickly got on it and reissued the ticket. It shouldn't get to that point but at least they fixed it.

Search this Thread