6:40PM ORD/MIA not a dinner flight?

Old Sep 15, 15, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

6:40PM ORD/MIA not a dinner flight?

I got upgraded for this Saturday flying ORD/MIA departing at 6:40PM arriving 10:52PM. When I go to select my entrée nothing is there. This has to be dinner flight, no? Also, I fly MIA/ORD on Friday departing at 1:55PM, is this out of the lunch timeframe?
Old Sep 15, 15, 6:29 pm

Programs: an inch longer than you. Seriously, this is BS just for bragging.
expertflyer shows AA 2193, at those departure and arrival times for those cities, as having dinner in first class. AA 1090 The 1:55 flight to MIA from ORD on Friday shows a 763 with lunch in first. if it's not showing for reserve an entree, it's just a glitch.
Old Sep 15, 15, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LovePrunes View Post
if it's not showing for reserve an entree, it's just a glitch.
And there's plenty of glitches. Here's the thread about advance entree selection. The glitches have been going on for months:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Sep 15, 15, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Gold
A similar situation for my DFW-PHL-DFW flights next month...yesterday nothing there, today there were selections available.
Old Sep 15, 15, 10:35 pm

Programs: an inch longer than you. Seriously, this is BS just for bragging.
i wish some of mine would glitch out and then come back with different choices. bleh on a lot of these entrees
Old Sep 16, 15, 11:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by LovePrunes View Post
i wish some of mine would glitch out and then come back with different choices. bleh on a lot of these entrees
I mean, none of them are actually good, when compared to actual good restaurant food or food cooked at home by any semi-competent cook.
Old Sep 16, 15, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ericgdukie44 View Post
I mean, none of them are actually good, when compared to actual good restaurant food or food cooked at home by any semi-competent cook.
Actually, it's been documented that the same things taste differently at high altitude, so even actual good restaurant food or food cooked at home by any semi-competent cook, if taken up to eat on the plane (after it's reached full altitude), might not taste as good as it did at the restaurant or at home.

But in any case, if you want hot (or at least still warm by that time) food when the plane reaches full altitude, your choices are probably limited to what's in the airport terminal reasonably near the gate you left from, not arbitrary restaurants or food cooked at home.
Old Sep 17, 15, 12:53 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Am I the only one here that thinks airline food tastes pretty good? Even what they got cooking up in int'l Y. I usually finish all my entrees.

Curious to hear about what exactly it is about high altitude that makes food taste differently. Are certain taste receptors hyperactive? Does saltiness or sweetness get accentuated or diminished?
Old Sep 17, 15, 5:32 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, HHonors Gold, RC Rewards Gold, VIPorter
Likely just a glitch AA will most certainly serve a meal at that time on a hub to hub flight that length.

Search this Thread