FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Cannot access seat selection

anyone else having this issue?
Old Sep 4, 15, 7:02 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Yes, cannot make any rhyme or reason out of it. A paid trip to HKG is showing up alright, another to Europe only has a seat selection button for the BA portion, all AAUS flights have none, an award trip is not letting me change the seats on the outbound.
Old Sep 4, 15, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by c_d View Post
Yes, cannot make any rhyme or reason out of it. A paid trip to HKG is showing up alright, another to Europe only has a seat selection button for the BA portion, all AAUS flights have none, an award trip is not letting me change the seats on the outbound.
Ha mine is a paid trip to HKG as well. I can see seats and change on the App but not the website.
Old Sep 4, 15, 8:10 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
Ha mine is a paid trip to HKG as well. I can see seats and change on the App but not the website.
Sometimes the app has some kind of integrated seat map and it works. Most of the time, a box pops up asking me to switch to aa.com, and then it won't work - the link for a seat change is just not showing up.
Old Sep 4, 15, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
This has been a recurring issue for me over the past 30 days.
Old Sep 7, 15, 11:31 pm

Having the same problem, AA Plat for years. Always book through corporate, my past 30 days of flights and future flights (booked through AMEX Travel) will not let me edit my seat selections to anything worth while.

Im stuck picking middle rows at the front of the plane or occasionally window or aisle seats in the back.

I called and talked to a rep (aa plat / gold desk) who was kind enough to remind me she'd been there 18 years, and stated that unless it was booked with American directly i wouldn't get my plat privileges. To which i replied, I've been flying your airline for over a decade and never heard of any such policy. I told her to please pass along my complaint and that i would consider other airlines if this stays true (im moving so its really not an idle threat)

Search this Thread