How to search for awards on AA.com

Old Aug 31, 15, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
How to search for awards on AA.com

I'm a former US loyalist and have gotten used to their website after years of use. I'm finding the aa site to be complicated and not at all friendly, and I don't mean to pick a fight with AA loyalists / apologists.

I'm trying to get from CLT - BRU. With US, I could restrict by number of connections. I could see a calendar showing redemption levels on multiple days of the month. I could by default only see US metal; that's not what I see on AA...I see every other carrier.

With AA, apparently the only routing I can take is CLT - MIA - PHL - BRU and there are no higher redemption levels and I can only sort by number of stops...which is two at a minimum.

Is there a trick to searching for availability on AA or some better tool?

is there some sort of 'advanced' mode that gets more options than the ones most pleasing to AA...like flying to Miami on the way to Philly from Charlotte?

Any/all assistance is appreciated.
Old Aug 31, 15, 6:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hi,

US Dividend Miles was merged into AAdvantage, including awards, March 2015, so those are all in the a"Combined" forum now.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...iscussion.html, particularly the wiki, to see what tools you can use to reveal on the partners that do not show on aa.com.

We'll close this now.

/Moderator

Search this Thread