Different rules for award SAAver domestic stand-by?

Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Different rules for award SAAver domestic stand-by?

I'm PLT and I consider buying a ticket and going complimentary stand-by for an earlier flight same day.

The flight is SFO-ORD and it costs 12.5K miles as award SAAver flight.

I read on AA.com that the SAAver is something different and that it can be granted a stand-by seat, but only if there are seats available for SAAver, not just in general available.

Question- how does it work in real life? Are there two lines of stand-by passengers: one for paid tickets +anytime award, and separate line for award SAAver, or it's a single line with those on paid tickets getting priority over mine SAAver ticket?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
No, standby works the same. What the text on aa.com means is that if there happens to be a sAAver seat available, you don't need to standby, you can confirm the change for free at any time (since aa awards have no fees for date & time changes). If not, then you standby.

Originally Posted by aa.com
Passengers traveling on unrestricted Y fares and AAdvantage AAnytime travel awards have the flexibility to change flight arrangements at no charge. Passengers traveling on AAdvantage MileSAAver awards continue to have the flexibility to change the date/time of their flights at no charge, provided award seats are available on the desired flight.
... is in addition to, not instead of, the usual standby rules.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.