Wiki Posts
Search

crummy old 737s at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2015, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by itchief
Really, I flew on one last week SEA-DFW.
I was under the impression that the last ones were retired/reconfigured back in April. That's interesting.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cmd320
I was under the impression that the last ones were retired/reconfigured back in April. That's interesting.
Nope, as of May 1, 2015, there was 6 old config 757s flying, by early May they were down to 5.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Nope, as of May 1, 2015, there was 6 old config 757s flying, by early May they were down to 5.
Good to hear. That's five less chances of being stuck on a 737.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by linglingfool
On ORD-SFO this week, I had a BSI row 7 (no PTV) bird on the outbound, and a PTV-equipped row 8 bird on the return. No rhyme or reason to allocation on longhauls.
I'm confused. How is your example of a mid-con round trip relevant to allocation of the newest PTV birds on longhaul routes?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
I'm confused. How is your example of a mid-con round trip relevant to allocation of the newest PTV birds on longhaul routes?
OP is stating that as these aircraft are rotated onto midcon flights, as well as flights even shorter than that, they aren't dedicated to long-hauls. There really is no pattern to where they are used. They just rotate through the system as the schedule dictates.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by cmd320
OP is stating that as these aircraft are rotated onto midcon flights, as well as flights even shorter than that, they aren't dedicated to long-hauls. There really is no pattern to where they are used. They just rotate through the system as the schedule dictates.
Thank you -- I was furiously thumbing out my post before my battery ran out. Aside from a few specialized subfleets like the 321H, AA doesn't pay much mind to assigning a certain config to a route beyond its capacity. Glad someone understood what I was trying to say
Old Sep 8, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Thank you -- I was furiously thumbing out my post before my battery ran out. Aside from a few specialized subfleets like the 321H, AA doesn't pay much mind to assigning a certain config to a route beyond its capacity. Glad someone understood what I was trying to say
I'm always overjoyed to have a PTV when flying the A321 between JFK and DCA. Plenty of time to catch up on some movies...
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: AA, HH
Looking at the chart on this site it looks like they may all me gone now.

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regd...LC=nav4&page=3

I did get one last flight on one of these old birds this month.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Aside from a few specialized subfleets like the 321H, AA doesn't pay much mind to assigning a certain config to a route beyond its capacity.
Actually, AA doesn't seem to pay much mind to assigning the 321H to specific routes either...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ops-a321h.html

Four now: 5EJ, 5EP, 5ER, and 5ES. 5ER subbed on a MIA-LAX flight yesterday. These last aircraft are relatively newer 757s so I'm wondering if perhaps the lag on updating the F cabin is because they'll receive the new lie-flat product.

As far as 737s go, new 737s from ship 3MM (N970NN) onward are now being delivered with the F16/Y144 configuration, so there is now a possibility that an aircraft with row 7 will have PTVs.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango
Actually, AA doesn't seem to pay much mind to assigning the 321H to specific routes either...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ops-a321h.html
Ha!

Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango
...Four now: 5EJ, 5EP, 5ER, and 5ES. 5ER subbed on a MIA-LAX flight yesterday. These last aircraft are relatively newer 757s so I'm wondering if perhaps the lag on updating the F cabin is because they'll receive the new lie-flat product.
That was/is a pet theory of mine a while ago, really really wondering what's going on with that project. Last I heard that was definitive was B/E Diamond seat (as opposed to more interesting the Vantage seat that they considered) and start date delayed and delayed again.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brewdog11
I'm always overjoyed to have a PTV when flying the A321 between JFK and DCA. Plenty of time to catch up on some movies...

That's my favorite part of flying on Delta. I'll fly on aircraft basically trans-con that only have overhead TV's or no entertainment at all (minus wifi). I'll fly on aircraft on 50 minute flights with PTV's, powerports, the works!
Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
No crummy 737s at ORD for me this week....both my LGA-ORD and ORD-LGA flights this week were AVOD equipped at my seat....if only the inflight service was better like US.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.