Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Partially used ticket, redemption options?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Partially used ticket, redemption options?

Hey all,

I was supposed to travel to India last week, but due to some visa issues I was turned around at LHR and sent back home. When I called AA the next day, they said I could redeem my unused return ticket (HYD-DOH-LHR on QR, LHR-JFK on AA) at a later date. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:59 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by RakibulIslam
Hey all,

I was supposed to travel to India last week, but due to some visa issues I was turned around at LHR and sent back home. When I called AA the next day, they said I could redeem my unused return ticket (HYD-DOH-LHR on QR, LHR-JFK on AA) at a later date. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.
No experience, but I'm surprised AA allowed you to board. Perhaps you can begin the negotiations by requesting a "trip in vain" and asking to rebook without change fee for a time your visa is correct?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by JDiver
No experience, but I'm surprised AA allowed you to board. Perhaps you can begin the negotiations by requesting a "trip in vain" and asking to rebook without change fee for a time your visa is correct?
Sounds like the OP ran into transit visa issues at LHR.
https://www.gov.uk/transit-visa/overview
https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.