Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Paid big re-booking few, flight was canceled and rebooked to original - refund?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire

I had my family booked on AA5910 DEN-LAX connecting onto CX Hong Kong - Denpasar (C).

I failed initially to notice the tight-ish connection in LAX (it's slow with the kids). So I (begrudgingly) paid $1160 to change to AA5902 earlier in the day.

Fast forward to the flight, and AA5902 was delayed and then canceled due to Mechanical issues. My family was then re-booked back onto AA5910.

Think there is any shot at getting my $1160 back from AA?

of course on top of the above they lost their bags for 3 days as well, but have to take that up with CX as the final carrier...
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No chance of getting the money back.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:19 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
You can certainly make a case, I would write an articulate, dispassionate communication to Customer Relations, explain what you did and why you did it, and ask them for exactly what you want. It's a long shot to get the money returned, but you will probably get something... and something is more than what you've got now. :/
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Microwave
You can certainly make a case, I would write an articulate, dispassionate communication to Customer Relations, explain what you did and why you did it, and ask them for exactly what you want. It's a long shot to get the money returned, but you will probably get something... and something is more than what you've got now. :/
Who should I address it to? I've never had to complain (thankfully) about anything AA has done before. Is there a website form or an e-mail address that is typically used?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
Who should I address it to? I've never had to complain (thankfully) about anything AA has done before. Is there a website form or an e-mail address that is typically used?
Customer Relations: http://www.aa.com/i18n/contactAA/con...-relations.jsp
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jordyn
Thank you. ^
Old Aug 13, 2015, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

So far miles for the wife and 2 x e-vouchers for the kids for "the delay" and refund "will be considered" on the rebooking fee. Will see what happens next.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.