Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Connecting from AA to Qatar Airways and getting Qatar BP from AA at OKC c/i?

Old Aug 11, 15, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

New member, so I hope this is the right place for this type of question. We are traveling from Oklahoma City to DFW on American, and then connecting to Doha on Qatar Airways. The flights are NOT linked, as the OKC --> DFW flight was not originally in the plan and was booked much later. My question is this: Will AA be able to issue our Qatar Airways boarding passes in OKC, since they are OneWorld partners? If not, would we be able to get them at the Qatar Airways lounge at DFW, since we're flying business? Or will we have to exit the secured area at DFW and get them at the Qatar Airways counter? Thanks all!
Old Aug 12, 15, 1:17 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

You probably won't be able to get them in OKC, but no harm asking. You should be able to get them at the lounge, or if that fails, at the gate. No need to exit security, but make sure you make the check-in cutoff for an international flight.
Old Aug 12, 15, 10:59 am
Senior Moderator/Moderator: United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
SkyTrip, welcome to FlyerTalk! I assume that when you say that your AA and Qatar flights are not linked that you mean they are not on the same ticket.

If you could clarify, that could get you the best information. In any case, I'm going to move this to the forum dedicated to discussing American Airlines, as your question concerns AA's ability to give you a Qatar boarding pass. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.
Old Aug 12, 15, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks...and, correct, they are not on the same ticket.
Old Aug 12, 15, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks!

Originally Posted by cbn42 View Post
You probably won't be able to get them in OKC, but no harm asking. You should be able to get them at the lounge, or if that fails, at the gate. No need to exit security, but make sure you make the check-in cutoff for an international flight.
Old Aug 12, 15, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Platinum - 1MM
I suggest:
Ask at OKC, you never know :-)
Otherwise, try lounge or gate in DFW.

If you are checking bags; AA should be able to check them all the way through.
Enjoy the flight, QR from DFW-DOH is a long way, but QR's business class service and food is great. I did the route last year in the opposite direction.

Search this Thread