FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   DFW to OGG First Class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1701873-dfw-ogg-first-class.html)

Valveking Aug 11, 2015 3:10 pm

DFW to OGG First Class

I am looking at this flight for next summer. Is the 767 still going to be the angled lie flat on this route going forward? Is there any AVOD? I presume the service is just domestic F? Thanks for any help.

AANYC1981 Aug 11, 2015 9:46 pm

AVOD? LOL please......AA is too cheap to install in-seat AVOD on this plane/route....so you'll have to wait to get a cheesy/clunky tablet and then give it back an hour before landing.....don't expect anything too great and you'll be fine.

SFO777 Aug 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Yep just domestic F service. Most likely the same old angled flat 767.
Pics from last week's HNL-DFW flight.

Centurion Aug 12, 2015 1:40 am

Do not make fun LOL until you fly PHX to OGG on US/AA

AZ Travels the World Aug 12, 2015 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 25258359)

OMG, no kidding! You'll long for the old 767.

Valveking Aug 12, 2015 8:38 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 25257837)
Yep just domestic F service. Most likely the same old angled flat 767.
Pics from last week's HNL-DFW flight.

Thanks for the pics. Looks pretty darn old, but serviceable.

PowerMan572 Aug 15, 2015 1:35 am

My parents got switched to DFW >> HNL, Flight #5! This is supposedly AA's best plane (767-300) to fly to Hawaii. Correct?

When you try to book SAAver award ticket, AA only releases 1 seat. I told my parents they are VERY lucky to get switched from PHX >> HNL on US Air to American Airlines DFW >> HNL!

jagoffee Aug 15, 2015 8:54 am

Originally Posted by PowerMan572 (Post 25273967)
My parents got switched to DFW >> HNL, Flight #5! This is supposedly AA's best plane (767-300) to fly to Hawaii. Correct?

When you try to book SAAver award ticket, AA only releases 1 seat. I told my parents they are VERY lucky to get switched from PHX >> HNL on US Air to American Airlines DFW >> HNL!

Yes, First Class in AA's 767 is much better than the 757. I do not know about the previous USAir planes. I do not agree with your statement that only one seat is released at a time, but the 767 flight from DFW is a very tough First Saver award to get to OGG. Even the upgrade award is tough.

ESpen36 Aug 15, 2015 7:14 pm

I read the trip report. Sad how there are no more smoothies eastbound (although in my experience the crew wouldn't offer them unless you asked), and the dessert cart was not the 3-tiered trolley. Sigh. Did the FAs at least wear the festive Hawaiian uniform accessories?

skylady Aug 15, 2015 8:29 pm

Slightly off topic, but do you guys like it when we wear festive accessories on the island trips?

869 Aug 15, 2015 9:20 pm

skylady, I do. Especially on the longer flights - helps me realize I am now on vacation when I get on the plane!

AZ Travels the World Aug 16, 2015 1:45 am

Originally Posted by skylady (Post 25277164)
Slightly off topic, but do you guys like it when we wear festive accessories on the island trips?

That's a great question.

For me, if they're accompanied by a seemingly genuine level of 'aloha' spirit, then yes, absolutely. I love that, actually.

If they're accompanied by a disinterested, 'I'd rather not be here, but what is it you wanted, again?' kinda spirit -- then no. With that, I find the festive accessories an insult to the culture.

In that case, I tend to have more disdain for the apathetic service than I'd normally have on some nondescript mainland flight.

ESpen36 Aug 16, 2015 7:07 am

I love it! It always makes for a more festive atmosphere during boarding.

jagoffee Aug 16, 2015 10:13 am

Originally Posted by skylady (Post 25277164)

Absolutely love it and thank you for doing it.

WRCSolberg Aug 16, 2015 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 25258359)

Meh. Living in Phoenix, I'd rather fly HA, even if it means a connection in HNL(which is usually pretty painless....).