Search

Standby on Codeshare?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Standby on Codeshare?

Hi,

I'm booked on QF (carrier) but ticketed as AA from Sydney to Melbourne at 10pm.

The Syd to Mel route is like a bus service running every hour non-peak and half hour peak.

The Plat desk says I can go standby with no fee since its ticketed as AA and I'm a plat. Can anyone confirm they've done this type of change before?

Thx.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
This would be subject to Qantas' policy, so you should ask in the Qantas forum.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SJC AA
This would be subject to Qantas' policy, so you should ask in the Qantas forum.
Thanks. But the problem is that none of those folks are AA Plats! Anyone had success going standby? I'm hesitant to go to the airport early based on one agents belief.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Why do you think that AA Plat gives you published special privileges to standby on QF?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA's policies on free standby (that elites may standby for free on AA domestic flights) doesn't matter to the OP's question. AA status will be irrelevant to the question of free standby on QF domestic flights. If status is relevant, then maybe QF would recognize your Oneworld status.

It matters not that you'll find very few (or perhaps zero) AA Platinums to answer the question. The OP should ring QF and ask if it's possible to standby for free on a QF domestic flight, and should add that they're Oneworld Saphire in case that matters.

I doubt there are any AA phone agents who could accurately answer that question. QF agents, on the other hand, should be competent to answer the free standby question.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The AA desk is incorrect

Your ability to take an earlier flight will be based on whether the ticket allows it

Status does not provide for free changes nor does standby even exist in Australia . If permitted to go earlier, then will be booked onto it and confirmed

If you are booked on the 22:00 departure and wish to take an earlier one, contact AA and rebook onto an earlier one
Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If you are booked on the 22:00 departure and wish to take an earlier one, contact AA and rebook onto an earlier one
Ab so lute ly.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by inpd
Thanks. But the problem is that none of those folks are AA Plats! Anyone had success going standby? I'm hesitant to go to the airport early based on one agents belief.
There are a number of people who frequent the QF forum that hold AA status. But in any event, AA status doesn't matter for a flight operated by QF in this instance. As noted by others you would be best to book a different flight or inquire on the QF forum.

For example:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...-aa-miles.html
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Errrr. Sorry but your all wrong ... kind off. Yes, I couldn't go standby since QF doesn't do standby. However, status does matter and they put me on the 8pm flight instead of the 10pm flight. Yeah Qantas!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.