Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Travel Change 24 hours from original or new?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:02 am
formerly Mdanner423
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Same Day Travel Change 24 hours from original or new?

I read through the SDC thread but it still didn't clearly answer my question, although I believe it's from time of original departure.

I have a 6pm flight that I want to change to a 9am flight, do I try to same day confirmed 24 hours before the 6pm flight or 24 hours before the new flight I want (9am).

Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Mdanner423
I read through the SDC thread but it still didn't clearly answer my question, although I believe it's from time of original departure.

I have a 6pm flight that I want to change to a 9am flight, do I try to same day confirmed 24 hours before the 6pm flight or 24 hours before the new flight I want (9am).

Thanks!
You can request a SDC at T-24 for the 9AM flight.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:13 pm
formerly Mdanner423
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
What about the opposite? If I have a 6 am flight, and I want to change it to 7 pm, do they allow that? If so, is it 24 hours from 7 pm flight? Thanks for any input.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hoangb
What about the opposite? If I have a 6 am flight, and I want to change it to 7 pm, do they allow that? If so, is it 24 hours from 7 pm flight? Thanks for any input.
According to the T&C on AA.COM yes you can.

Customers using Same-Day Flight Change may only change to earlier or later flights that have the same routing, number of connections, and cannot change to a co-terminal in a multi city airport.

As for the time question ... I *think* it is based off your original departure time (but it might be same calendar day). I don't have enough experience with SDC to answer this definitively.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by neo_781
As for the time question ... I *think* it is based off your original departure time (but it might be same calendar day). I don't have enough experience with SDC to answer this definitively.
The flight must be on the same calendar day, with two exceptions:

• If your originally ticketed flight departs between 8:00 PM and 12:00 AM, you can SDFC to flights that depart up to 2:00 AM on the following calendar day
  • If your originally ticketed flight departs between 12:00 AM and 2:00 AM, you can SDFC to flights that depart at 8:00 PM or later on the previous calendar day

The SDFC request can be made up to 24 hours before the departure time of the new flight, not the original one.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango
The flight must be on the same calendar day, with two exceptions:

• If your originally ticketed flight departs between 8:00 PM and 12:00 AM, you can SDFC to flights that depart up to 2:00 AM on the following calendar day
  • If your originally ticketed flight departs between 12:00 AM and 2:00 AM, you can SDFC to flights that depart at 8:00 PM or later on the previous calendar day

The SDFC request can be made up to 24 hours before the departure time of the new flight, not the original one.
Are you positive about this? Where is this information from?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President Circle
SDC has a few factors with it .... status and fare class ... however, per (http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/sameDayTravel.jsp) it states the same calendar day, so a person asking for a Wednesday August 5th 9am flight can't normally ask for a August 4th 8pm flight under normal conditions. The only thing that I think would allow this if say you are an EXP and some cancellation event is occuring. E.g. I had a flight from CMI-SJC one evening, and in the afternoon I noticed that my 6am flight was cancelled due to weather issues ... the EXP line changed everything from CMI to IND for me and I was able to hop on a IND-LAX and flew to SJC the following morning ....
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:00 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Agreed... I had a similar instance where I was going IAH-LAX-LHR-ARN and due to weather the next day, it was able to take the Iah-Lax flight the night before and resume my regular flights. (Good thing I could because my Iah-Lax flight was indeed cancelled the next day!)
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by tegelad
SDC has a few factors with it .... status and fare class ... however, per (http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/sameDayTravel.jsp) it states the same calendar day, so a person asking for a Wednesday August 5th 9am flight can't normally ask for a August 4th 8pm flight under normal conditions. The only thing that I think would allow this if say you are an EXP and some cancellation event is occuring. E.g. I had a flight from CMI-SJC one evening, and in the afternoon I noticed that my 6am flight was cancelled due to weather issues ... the EXP line changed everything from CMI to IND for me and I was able to hop on a IND-LAX and flew to SJC the following morning ....
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
Agreed... I had a similar instance where I was going IAH-LAX-LHR-ARN and due to weather the next day, it was able to take the Iah-Lax flight the night before and resume my regular flights. (Good thing I could because my Iah-Lax flight was indeed cancelled the next day!)
Neither of these experiences have anything to do with same-day confirmed flight change. Reaccommodation due to weather is a whole different ball of wax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.