Help getting more EQP on flight to SFO

Old Jul 21, 15, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Help getting more EQP on flight to SFO

Hi guys I am short on EQP (not miles) for getting again to EXP.

I need to go to SFO from MIA for business purposes and I would like to take a route that makes me earn more EQP. I dont care where I connect. I am not good at reading expertflyer fares but I found one flight that is MIA-SEA-SFO that would give me 14,000 EQP (double promotion remember)

Can you guys help me?

Thank you so much!

PD: traveling in business of First remember.
Old Jul 21, 15, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by lotrbfme View Post
Hi guys I am short on EQP (not miles) for getting again to EXP.

I need to go to SFO from MIA for business purposes and I would like to take a route that makes me earn more EQP. I dont care where I connect. I am not good at reading expertflyer fares but I found one flight that is MIA-SEA-SFO that would give me 14,000 EQP (double promotion remember)

Can you guys help me?

Thank you so much!

PD: traveling in business of First remember.
EQP's are simply a function of fare class x miles flown. So a full-fare ticket (J, F Fare Class), with the promotion is 3x the number of miles flown.
Discount business or first (R,D,A,I,P) is 2x the number of miles flown.

GCMap.com is your friend in this instance along with how much fare premium you can tolerate.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about trying to make this one trip make-up all of your missing EQP. Take a flight that works for you, then see where you stand and make a MR to finish it off with a cheaper premium fare.
Old Jul 21, 15, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
MIA-SEA is indeed a touch over 2700 miles, so you'd be looking at 3400 miles each way. However, the way I am reading the rules for the DEQP promo, SEA-SFO won't be eligible for the bump in EQP, since the flight needs to be both marketed by AA/US (which you could get) and operated by key OW partners (which Alaska is not). You will end up a touch shy of 13000 points, basically. I am assuming MIA-JFK-SFO prices out badly, since it will just chain the two fares IIRC.

Search this Thread