FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Getting PNR details for a completed trip (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1693990-getting-pnr-details-completed-trip.html)

grompf Jul 10, 15 1:52 pm

Getting PNR details for a completed trip

Hi all,

I have a bit of a weird situation. I completed a trip about a month ago, and mid-trip my return flights disappeared. I called AA who claims my corporate travel agency cancelled the return. My corporate travel agency is now claiming AA cancelled the return.

Is there any way I can directly get the log from my PNR myself so I can see whats going on?

BStrauss3 Jul 11, 15 12:19 am

PNRs are just temporary indicators - they get recycled after the trip. You need to lookup historical trips by ticket# (001-xxxxxxx). Regardless, it's AA's information and why get in the middle of the battle?

grompf Jul 11, 15 10:30 am

Originally Posted by BStrauss3 (Post 25100542)
PNRs are just temporary indicators - they get recycled after the trip. You need to lookup historical trips by ticket# (001-xxxxxxx). Regardless, it's AA's information and why get in the middle of the battle?

Because its my battle with my corporate travel agency who is denying that they tried to strand me oversees? I'd like the data to take to my finance and corporate control department to show this?

Exec_Plat Jul 11, 15 10:47 am

Uggh.

You come to find out that a corp travel agency isn't your friend. Unless you are the person signing the contract, you are just another victim.

While my company has an agency, and I did approve the agreement I use a private concierge agent. Utterly amazing...but I digress.

I suspect you could say "I need you to send me a printout of the blah blah, without any missing lines from blah blah...etc... To get what you need from the agency. The pnr number alone won't do it. What you want is the the history. I've got into pissing matches between us and aa...my agent has sent me text that aa placed in the record about US.

You need a travel agent to tell you what to request.

I also don't think a new agent can take over a PNR. I don't think AA is suppoosed to provide this, although on occasion I've gotten parts printed at a ticket counter. If it was the agency's fault and you were AT a ticket counter, telling the agent 'my agent is lying and blaming AA, I need something that shows they screwed up'... But again, if this got back to the agency and into a pissing match, that agent might get blowback.

Not much help I guess...

ak333 Jul 11, 15 5:37 pm

Really what you need is the PNR history, specifically the location and agent sine of who cancelled the return. If it is the agency, it will show an agency "pseudo city." If it was AA it will have the location and agent who cancelled those segment. It will also tell you if AA auto cancelled them for some reason.

You can send a request to AA's corporate security as they have control of previously flown PNRs, but I am not sure what kind of response you will get back.