Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA2437 Makes Emergency Landing at DFW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ame...312200061.html

NBC 5 has learned an American Airlines flight from Atlanta to Los Angeles made an emergency landing at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport Tuesday.
Flight 2437, an Airbus A319, departed Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport at about 12:30 p.m. ET Tuesday and landed at DFW after declaring an emergency at about 1:40 p.m.

The pilot landed the plane safely and the aircraft was towed to Terminal A, Gate 19.
Officials with the airline said crews are working to determine the extent of the problem (or lack of a problem) with the A319 aircraft. At this time, no further information has been confirmed by the airline regarding the emergency landing.

No injuries have been reported.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Update: Emergency Landing was due to a Hydraulics System Failure
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by joepercussion1
Update: Emergency Landing was due to a Hydraulics System Failure
Seems like a pretty serious failure on what is a very new airplane. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come with the new Airbus fleet...
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Platinum

So, I will now make a completely unfounded and irrational statement: I avoid Airbus metal because I think they are unsafe.

Does anyone have the data on "most-troubled" aircraft or data that suggests one make or model has more "incidents"?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Given their poor F to Y ratio, I'd love for AA to find some systematic problem that takes the A319s out of service.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Platinum

Well, there's that, too. The AA 319/21 experience, in general, is hideous.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by El Miameņo
I avoid Airbus metal because I think they are unsafe.
I believe the standard phrasing is "If it's not Boeing, I'm not going."
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stripe
Given their poor F to Y ratio, I'd love for AA to find some systematic problem that takes the A319s out of service.
As i've always said, I wish they sent the A319's to the desert and brought back the MD80's

Unfortunately it sounds like AA will also be ruining the PMUS A320 fleet. I find them to be extremely comfortable in the back.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by airplanegod
As i've always said, I wish they sent the A319's to the desert and brought back the MD80's

Unfortunately it sounds like AA will also be ruining the PMUS A320 fleet. I find them to be extremely comfortable in the back.
A320 or A321? I've found the A320s to be in a pretty bad state of disrepair with no real benefits. The exit rows aren't great and there really aren't any good seats on the plane. At least the A321 has row 10 in the back, which I actually consider better than F in many cases.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cmd320
A320 or A321? I've found the A320s to be in a pretty bad state of disrepair with no real benefits. The exit rows aren't great and there really aren't any good seats on the plane. At least the A321 has row 10 in the back, which I actually consider better than F in many cases.
AA has publicly announced that the PMUS A319's are getting the new AA treatment, to be completed by the end of 2016. Not sure about the PMUS A320/A321's, they might get to keep their PMUS interiors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.