Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will 77W go back on MIA-LHR route after September 2015 ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2015, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 3MM
When will 77W go back on MIA-LHR route after September 2015 ?

For a while AA has run the 77W on one of their two dailies between LHR and MIA, with the other one being on the rather tired 777-200s.

I see that after around September 2015 the 77W has been taken off both of the flights.

I won't fly J on that, the sloping seat is so far behind current standards, and noting that the AA 77W is my favourite J class seat over the atlantic by a long way.

Any ideas from informed posters when we might find out when they may change back to the 77W, or do we just fly on the BA A380 that they have put on the route ? (noting that the BA seat is much shorter than the AA 77W for tall folk !)
Old Jun 9, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Going to LAX-SYD along with the additional 77W that is scheduled to be delivered in late October/early November. Since the four refurbished 772s are doing ex-MIA flying, I would assume MIA-LHR will be one of the next routes to be switched.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by Longboater
Going to LAX-SYD along with the additional 77W that is scheduled to be delivered in late October/early November. Since the four refurbished 772s are doing ex-MIA flying, I would assume MIA-LHR will be one of the next routes to be switched.
So one of the MIA-LHR flights will likely be a refurbished 2-class 777?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Time traveller
So one of the MIA-LHR flights will likely be a refurbished 2-class 777?
Eventually, when, I have no clue. At the very latest by the end of next year.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
It will likely not be removed off of the route, just like last time it "disappeared" from GDS and was never actually removed.

The addition of LAXSYD does not require removing any current 77W flying.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 4:24 pm

The 77W is on AA 38 way past September. It's scheduled till Oct 23, but that's so far out, I'm sure the 77W will be loaded on the later flights eventually.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I'd be shocked if AA stopped offering F on any MIA-LHR flights. Aren't there still a few more 77Ws to be delivered?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat (LT Gold), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
I just flew the LHR-MIA route last week and the load was so very small, a Friday afternoon flight, when one would think it would have been heavy business travelers. We might have had more in F & J (total) than Y.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango
I'd be shocked if AA stopped offering F on any MIA-LHR flights. Aren't there still a few more 77Ws to be delivered?
I believe that it's three more still to be delivered - one later this year and the final two next year.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by FWAAA
I believe that it's three more still to be delivered - one later this year and the final two next year.
I think supposedly one NRT route is getting a 77W (probably DFW-NRT), and they haven't sent any there yet.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by nall
I think supposedly one NRT route is getting a 77W (probably DFW-NRT), and they haven't sent any there yet.
LAX-HKG, DFW-NRT are likely candidates for the final two 77W deliveries. Both would require only one additional aircraft as theoretically DFW-HKG-LAX-HKG-DFW can be done with just three as is the routing GRU-DFW-NRT-DFW-GRU. The only other logical destination for the remainder is more LHR. There is a much better chance of 77Ws being taken away from GRU flying than any additional South American flying for the 77W. I'd be shocked if either HKG or NRT don't see the 77W by the end of next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.