Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Ginnybakes now in snack basket, issues "exclusive cookie" press release & retracts it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ginnybakes now in snack basket, issues "exclusive cookie" press release & retracts it

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bttc
I think it's great that AA is being aware of people with celiacs disease and trying to make sure they feel welcome.

The gluten-free fad is 19 parts fad and 1 part celiac disease. I'm probably insufficiently cynical in my estimation.

It's remarkable that this cookie managed to combine every imaginable "foodie" fad known to the scientifically-illiterate American upper-middle class: organic, non-GMO, vegan, and, of course, gluten-free.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott PP; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by grrizzli
The gluten-free fad is 19 parts fad and 1 part celiac disease. I'm probably insufficiently cynical in my estimation.
Yup, insufficiently cynical. It should be more like ~150 parts fad to 1 part celiac disease, to correspond with the actual rate of people that have it.

This news is incredibly sad. That LAST thing I want is for AA to go out of their way to cater to such extreme food fads. A cookie has gluten and/or animal fats in it. It's not a cookie without those things, it's a granola bar or whatever else you want to call it.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I don't understand.....is this cookie going be to on the tray like Deltas Dancing Deer brownie or is this replacing the after dinner (3rd service) cookie that used to be baked on board but is now warmed onboard?
Definitely not replacing the warmed on board cookie.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Normal oatmeal cookies have flour, butter and eggs.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Are all of their product gluten-free or is that just an option?
Is AA aware of how tiny the population that really can't eat gluten is?
The population that thinks they can't eat gluten is much, much larger.

It's remarkable that this cookie managed to combine every imaginable "foodie" fad known to the scientifically-illiterate American upper-middle class: organic, non-GMO, vegan, and, of course, gluten-free.
Not quite. They missed paleo, raw, kale, phytochemical, and micronutrient. Probably others as well.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Definitely not replacing the warmed on board cookie.
I'd hope not.

Surely there must be some sort of error of omission in the ginnybakes press release.

What I am thinking they meant to say was that it has been "chosen as the exclusive [branded] cookie to be featured [in addition to the regular ones]."

No?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
Let's just hope some of that coconut is in the form of coconut oil (yet another fad, so maybe?).

Last edited by Microwave; Jun 6, 2015 at 10:12 am Reason: Corrected invalid quote syntax
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by arlflyer
I'd hope not.

Surely there must be some sort of error of omission in the ginnybakes press release.

What I am thinking they meant to say was that it has been "chosen as the exclusive [branded] cookie to be featured [in addition to the regular ones]."

No?
You're 100% right to read it that way, they wrongly stated what they did
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
According to the twitter team, these will be part of the snack basket, and, as earlier stated, not replacing the "warmed on board" cookie.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Full disclosure: I'm a nutritionist.

Sounds like a lot of money is being spent without bringing us back the tasty cookies.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
According to the twitter team, these will be part of the snack basket, and, as earlier stated, not replacing the "warmed on board" cookie.
Had them last night from PVD-DCA. Indeed, they are in the snack basket. Milanos are gone. I'm really going to miss those Pepperidge Farm cookies.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:56 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
Thanks god. I thought I was going to have to start flying UA again. The smell of the baking cookies in F was one of the few things I always thought AA did right.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I can deal with them in the snack basket as an option. This makes sense. And, I agree: this gluten-free nonsense is getting ridiculous. Just like the death of my beloved honey-roasted peanuts in Y (at least WN still "gets it").
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Normal oatmeal cookies have flour, butter and eggs.
And oats.. i hope.

Cheers.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
Had them last night from PVD-DCA. Indeed, they are in the snack basket. Milanos are gone. I'm really going to miss those Pepperidge Farm cookies.
Nooooooooooooooooo, not the Milano's. My one indulgence. Bummer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.