Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London - JFK 777

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:58 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
FWIW: AA142 is showing U4 for almost every MoTuWe through summer.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by ccengct
Yeah, I've read those threads but I think it's too soon to draw conclusions. My gut says the high-J and low-J 772 will converge on 10-abreast MCE. Time will tell.
I'm open to any possibility, but that fact that AA made the choice to go more premium heaven in J on a subset of planes implies to me that they see intend to use these planes on routes with strong fares and less holiday maker traffic. In that case, a better MCE product seems to align with the higher number of J seats.

But I've definitely been wrong before, so we'll have to see how it plays out.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
The fact that this management decided to keep 13 777s with 45 J instead of moving the fleet into an all 37 J format, indicates these planes will be sticking around premium heavy routes where AA does not enough 77Ws to cover. This sublet will have the highest fuel based CASM in AA's longhaul fleet, excluding the non-CIP retiring. In addition to probably doing LHR flying, DFW-ICN is also a good bet for this plane.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by ccengct
Good news for those of us who cannot get to JFK early enough to connect to the BA dayflights. This offsets the loss of the PHL-LHR dayflight.
I imagine that it will be possible to connect to this flight from other start points the same morning (as was the case with the PHL day flight) which are not possible with the earlier BA flights.

As I stated above though, the downside is the loss of many connecting opportunities on arrival. In particular, it isn't possible to catch any UK domestic services that late in the day which means an inconvenient and expensive stopover at LHR.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
...the downside is the loss of many connecting opportunities on arrival.
The other potential snag with the later dayflight: ground connections into London. Heathrow Express has changed to a twice-hourly schedule in the late evenings because of Crossrail construction, and this can cause inconvenience. But more significantly, if the arrival of the dayflight is delayed or the UKBA queue is lengthy, passengers might miss the last HEX or last tube into London... leading to an expensive taxi ride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.