FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: FCO / Rome Fiumicino Airport Lounge master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1679757-archive-fco-rome-fiumicino-airport-lounge-master-thread.html)

dogmom11 Mar 6, 2005 12:26 am

ARCHIVE: FCO / Rome Fiumicino Airport Lounge master thread

I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find w/the interim search function...I know there's no AC, does anyone know if there are partner lounges for use at FCO (Rome)? DogDad and I are both ExecPlats using our Fly3FlyFree tix and want to max out the experience since the promos are slim this year... :)

mvoight Mar 6, 2005 3:43 am

Originally Posted by dogmom11
I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find w/the interim search function...I know there's no AC, does anyone know if there are partner lounges for use at FCO (Rome)? DogDad and I are both ExecPlats using our Fly3FlyFree tix and want to max out the experience since the promos are slim this year... :)

According to http://www.aa.com/content/uk/agency/...onal%20Airport

There is a lounge. Le Anfore, that is used for BC and FC, as well as OW Emerald and Saphire members

Spiff Mar 6, 2005 10:20 am

There's a BA Terraces lounge there too.

wannabe Mar 6, 2005 5:28 pm

AA sends you to the Anfore lounge (I haven't been able to access the BA lounge when flying J out of FCO on AA). The lounge is ok, not anything special. there are lots of chairs and couches and TV or two. no worse (or better) than your typical AC.

Spiff Mar 6, 2005 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by wannabe
AA sends you to the Anfore lounge (I haven't been able to access the BA lounge when flying J out of FCO on AA). The lounge is ok, not anything special. there are lots of chairs and couches and TV or two. no worse (or better) than your typical AC.

You should get in regardless of COS due to being OW Sapphire or Emerald.

pauleeepaul Mar 6, 2005 6:58 pm

Neither lounge is anything to write home about. The BA lounge is in the main terminal (no internet); the Anfore lounge is in the satellite terminal that AA uses, affording an additional 10-15 minutes lounge time. Neither had showers that I could find.

DFW DL Mar 7, 2005 9:40 am

The Le Anfore lounge does have showers, in the back of the lounge on the right-hand side.

As an EXP, you should be able to use the BA lounge. I've even had some success using the BA lounge when not flying oneworld...the BA lounge has the only legal smoking lounge in the non-Schengen departures area of FCO. Most Italians (including the lounge staff) can sympathize with me on this point.

Neither lounge is anything special, and both are better than the Alitalia lounge. Of the two, I prefer the BA lounge, as it is less crowded during the peak am departure hours.

dogmom11 Mar 12, 2005 2:23 pm

Thanks, all for your quick responses! We were not allowed into the Anfore lounge (despite both of us being EXPs!) and used the BA one instead. BA desk agent glanced at our boarding passes and didn't even make us show our cards. We were the only ones there--continental breakfast & mix-your-own drink set-ups on both sides of the lounge w/a nice view of the runways. As an added bonus, I got to snag all of the Brit papers for the latest scandals+an update on the 'royal wedding'...definitely enough ink to keep me busy for a couple of flight hours! :)

pb9997 Apr 12, 2005 11:00 pm

AA Business / elite / arrivals / Admirals lounge in Rome / FCO? (Consolidated)

Anyone knows when departing from Rome whether AA's lounge or any other OW lounge has showers ?

Thanks for the info.

alect Apr 12, 2005 11:08 pm

I used the BA lounge - no showers but a satisfactory lounge. Good coffee.

hillrider Apr 13, 2005 2:36 am

AZ lounges ("Sala VIP") Borromini (terminal B) and Giotto (terminal C) have showers, but am not sure what lounges does AA subcontract to (I haven't flown them in years). You may want to try asking AA reservations in Italy: +39 06 6605-3169 (Mo-Fr 9 to 17:30 local time; off-hours forwarded to DUB).

Another option is to contact the Hilton, which is connected to FCO, to see if they have any transient shower facilities and at what price.

JAGMAP Apr 13, 2005 4:48 am

Yes...the Le Anfore Lounge has a shower. ^

pb9997 Apr 13, 2005 8:44 am

Thank you all for your comments and the Hilton suggestion and a special thanks to aamilesslave and JAGMAP for the good news.

skye1 Apr 26, 2005 10:26 pm

Thanks for the info as well...am going to FCO next week, overnight flight in J, and a shower at the Anfore sounds like just what I'll need on arrival that morning.
Thanks!

Am I right in assuming that the "Le Anfore" is in leiu of/instead of an AAdmirals Club? Or, are there both an AAdmirals Club and the Le Anfore option for biz. class passengers....or AA Plat's (my return is in coach, unless an upgrade miraculously clears)?

Spiff Apr 26, 2005 10:42 pm

There's a BA Terraces lounge at FCO for OW Sapphires and Emeralds unfortunate enough to be stuck in coach.