Wiki Posts
Search

Check-in Reminder Email

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Check-in Reminder Email

I did a search did not yield any results. Mods, please combine this thread if needed.

My fellow traveler (no status) received a check-in reminder email today for a trip starting tomorrow. We are on the same PNR but I did not receive any email reminder despite being an EXP. Also, I never received any reminder emails in the past as well.

Is this a new feature that AA has implemented? Also is something messed up in my account to not get these kind of reminder emails.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott PP; Hilton Gold
Check your notification preferences on your account. There are options for what kinds of emails they will send or if they will text you other type of notifications.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Only option I see is for Departure reminders which is already checked for me to remind in 4 hours:

"We know how busy you are. Sign up for departure reminder alerts and we'll send you a reminder with all the information for your flight. Options are 1 to 4 hours"
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:18 pm

Now that you mention it, I didn't get a reminder to check in for my flight yesterday. But I did get a text saying that they hope I had enjoyed it and Baggage claim is 8, which was a new one (the enjoying it part).
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, AA GLD, DL FO, Natl Elite
They never send me a reminder at T-24, in fact they usually don't send it until well after I've checked in! CommunicAAtion is not their strong suit I suppose.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I have my own system of reminders with multiple redundancies and don't rely on AA to remind me and I check with AA myself in case of flight changes.

That said and FWIW, I have normally gotten those T-4hr messages. However, during my recent trip I did not, for any of the three AA flights.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I think they may send only one alert per PNR. When my wife and I are on the same PNR I'm pretty sure she does not get the check-in reminder. But when she has her own record she does.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
I get a T-24 email each time and when flying together on same PNR, my wife and I both get a separate email at T-24.

Upgrade emails, however, I only get 1 out of 4 times.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I always get the OLCI reminder emails, though they come at 20~ hours prior to departure. By that time, I've already checked in.

TripIt is able to email me about 5 mins before check-in opens..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.